Res c handle swap ...

luethge

Platinum Member
Sorry to post a full thread to ask a question.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried , or successfully swapped out a Busse Combat Basic ( old style ) res c handle for a newer swamp/ scrap / busse style res c handle ?

I know the tangs would have to be a very similar stock thickness.

I was thinking about attempting to switch a basic 11 grip out for a newer one.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, much appreciated!

I know that someone at the Yard had sent his B11's into Busse to change the old Res-c for the new one. I don't know if anyone did it themselves...

Heads up - I think AZTIMT has a thread not too far back that goes through this in good detail.

It's been done by the custom shop. Not that that will help you right now.

Some of the newer blades have prongs holding the res c handles on so it might be more difficult to remove those.

I tried it with different thickness blades and similar ones. It won't work out very well unless they are within a few thousandths of each other. ;)

Never even thought of that and I must grudgingly admit that the new style might improve the grip especially for heavy chopping, but I still love my OG res C grip, and Im not sure if the improved grip would make that much real world difference. There is such a thing as too much power for chopping and what i love about the B11 is that its so well balanced and relatively light. It never, or very rarely get stuck in the wood whereas my BB13 can get stuck easily and i have to angle my chops to avoid it which os great too but my B11 can deliver those heavy vertical chops at will.

Back