Resisted opening on Twitch II

The assisted opening mechanism on my SOG twitch II broke, it gets stuck before its all the way open and it takes wya more pressure than before to get it to start opening. Is there any way I can disable the AO and use it like a regular folder?

You could send it to SOG. I'm sure they will be able to repair it.

Those come apart fairly easy. I've replaced the springs before in them and they are right under the pivot cap. Just back it out and pull it apart, take out the spring and stick it back together. SOG will mail you a replacement spring. They have to me twice anyway.

STR

I have one of those without the spring and like it better that way.(I did take a little tension off the lock-back spring to make it easier to open with the flipper) The action on this knife was like butter after a break-in period. AO spring comes out just like STR discribed.

Thanks for the advice. It was easy to take out. I'd like to use it without a spring but how exactly do you get it to open easily without it? Its almost locked closed its under so much pressure.

Thanks for the advice. It was easy to take out. I'd like to use it without a spring but how exactly do you get it to open easily without it? Its almost locked closed its under so much pressure.

(most) lock-backs you can remove the blade to get to the (in this case) other spring. On this knife you will have to take it completely apart. On most SOGs this can get a little complicated. There are many small parts and can easily get lossed and/or hard to replace. It can be done and if you try,,,, disassemble over a clean WHITE cloth so you can see all parts. If you have any problems, I will try to help you get it back together. This knife is hard to put back together (mine was) so make up your own mine if you want to try. What you are tring to do is take a little of the bend out of the spring under the lock-bar. This spring looks like a flat piece of steel around 1" to 1 1/2" long.

The spring is tighter on this knife to help overcome the AO spring.

Back