Retail close to Direct Pricing?

I have been noticing latley that XM-18's on dealers website have been selling pretty close to direct pricing, why is this? It is a good thing, but how can they make any money?

Last edited:
My guess is volume. More items seem to hit dealers recently than ever before. The new shop and growth of the brand's capacity are logical reasons to assume supplies of once difficult to acquire knives are / will be greater.

^ Amen. I just glad as a result that it is now more a reality to own one.

BHQ just got some in at $450 for the 3.5 inch. The direct price is $425 ?? They have to make more than 25 bucks off them? I think the direct to dealers is cheaper, but for military/LEO it is more.

What business anywhere sells direct to customers for the same price as they sell to their dealers?

So there is no discount for MIL/LEO then because retail pricing is the same as the "direct" price to us service members....

Last edited:
So there is no discount for MIL/LEO then because retail pricing is the same as the "direct" price to us service members....
In addition to info available in the appropriate sticky, email Rob with pricing questions rather than discussing in open forum.
Thank you
Rubi

The MIL/LEO policy makes no mention of a discount:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Direct-Ordering-Program-for-XM-Folding-Knives

The difference remains, MIL/LEO can order direct whereas the general public can only purchase knives direct when they are randomly made available, otherwise the general public has to purchase from a dealer, knife show or secondary market at whatever pricing that might entail.

Back