Retail price of ZUD

I have only been able to find ZUD in one local store, no Barkeeper's Friend :grumpy: It does work quite well for cleaning ceramic stones. But the store is charging around 4 dollars for a 1 lb. container. Is that an insane retail price? What are you guys paying?

theo, don't forget that you are in the city...everything is insane there.

but it doesn't sound too bad, a container will probably last you quite a while.

Who is a Zud?

What is a Zud?

What is this thread about?

Can I buy a pet Zud somewhere?

Sorry only paying members can be told about ZUD ;)

Just kidding, although now would be a good time to help support BF, what with the server upgrades and all.

ZUD is a cleanser with oxalic acid in it. It works extremely well for cleaning ceramic sharpening stones. It really works effortlessly, more of a chemical reaction than a result of the abrasives. Barkeeper's Friend is another cleanser with oxalic acid in it.

I have used bar keepers friend for years on my spyderco ceramics and suprisingly I get it from the local dollar store, only costs around $1.50. You can also order it online.

FYI, if you happen to have ScrubFree bathroom cleaner available, give it a try ... contains sulfamic acid, cleans ceramic stones and rods very well just soaking for a while.

FYI, if you happen to have ScrubFree bathroom cleaner available, give it a try ... contains sulfamic acid, cleans ceramic stones and rods very well just soaking for a while.

Cameo Stainless and Aluminum Cleaner is another one that contains sulfamic acid. Works well in cleaning ceramics...also good for cleaning hard water residue off coffee pots, etc. Can be found on the same aisle as Comet at your local grocery store.

Sulfamic acid, I'll give it a try :thumbup: Thanks for the tip DOW and flashlife

Back