• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Return of the CPK Field Knife, SOLD

Server crash?? tried posting 3 times before it went through. that's is one frustrating process.

I missed and I was sitting right here - guess it wasn't in the cards. I cannot be around next week due to some family issues - how does somebody go about getting a proxy for the next drop? thanks for any help.

I missed and I was sitting right here - guess it wasn't in the cards. I cannot be around next week due to some family issues - how does somebody go about getting a proxy for the next drop? thanks for any help.

There’s a proxy request thread in the Carothers sub forum.

Barely missed it. This game is extremely frustrating. I'll buy one of the top 40 spots from somebody for $150 so I don't have to keep playing this and get an aneurysm. Just change your top 40 message to say "Proxy for NiceNife." and I will send you the $150 via PayPal. Please message me if you're willing to do this.

Please do not do this, even if said in half-jest. Nathan & CPK frown upon such encouragements very seriously. I have been on Nathan's subforum for almost 3 years and I know him to be a very mellow guy who takes a lot of things in his stride but I also know that he abhors overt profiteering by some who just swoop in at the expense of those with slower reaction times.

I don't speak for CPK but I have seen Nathan seriously discouraging what you have advocated. Look I crapped out too and I'm frustrated as heck but I rather go without an UFK ever than have someone try to scalp me because of my frustrations and shortcomings! Nathan & Co will be making hundreds of these, maybe a thousand after all said and done :thumbsup:

Please do not do this, even if said in half-jest. Nathan & CPK frown upon such encouragements very seriously. I have been on Nathan's subforum for almost 3 years and I know him to be a very mellow guy who takes a lot of things in his stride but I also know that he abhors overt profiteering by some who just swoop in at the expense of those with slower reaction times.

I don't speak for CPK but I have seen Nathan seriously discouraging what you have advocated. Look I crapped out too and I'm frustrated as heck but I rather go without an UFK ever than have someone try to scalp me because of my frustrations and shortcomings! Nathan & Co will be making hundreds of these, maybe a thousand after all said and done :thumbsup:

You’re mistaken. This is neither profiteering nor scalping. If I were on the opposite end and had made a top 40 position and then tried to sell my position for money, that would be scalping. I am simply offering to buy a proxy or somebody’s spot who had made top 40 but doesn’t feel a strong urgency to have the knife right away.

Nobody is swooping in at the expense of those with slower reaction times. It is I who had the slower reaction time and am trying to buy a service of one who had a faster reaction time.

Edit: I have removed it since Nathan is against it and makes a good point.

Last edited:

It’s kind of amazing how people act when there is a limited quantity of a highly desired product.:eek:

Yeah, if someone can sell their spot it's just going to encourage folks to swoop in and grab the spots with the intent of selling them just making the problem worse. Please, let's not start doing that.

I understand it's frustrating, but just give it a little bit of time and that will sort itself out. The first sale of a new pattern is always a little bananas.

Back