Review of the Big Chris Hiker

Hello Big Chris fans!

For the past couple of months, I have been working on a review of Chris' Hiker pattern knife. He send me the blade to evaluate and I've been very impressed with it. The review went live this morning, so here is a link.

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/2015/12/review-big-chris-custom-knives-hiker/

I can't thank Chris enough for the opportunity to test the knife. I first became aware of his work when someone posted one of his Potbelly knives for sale here on Bladeforums. He also did a great job on a regrind of a Mini-Griptilian for me. This is the first chance I've had to use any of his actual pieces, and I was not let down.

Chris, thank you again. Fans, please enjoy :)

Great review! Looks like you put it through its paces.
Not surprised that the knife did well. I own and use several of BC's blades and he knows what he is doing in design and making of a high performance tool.

Great review, I'm glad to see you praise the work of my favorite knife maker.
Which part of the knife was 3/8" thick? (As stated in the overview and conclusion, but not in the specifications.)
That seems way too thick for the blade and way too thin for the handle.
I have three of his knives in hand at the moment and the thinnest handle is about 3/4" thick.

Great review, I'm glad to see you praise the work of my favorite knife maker.
Which part of the knife was 3/8" thick? (As stated in the overview and conclusion, but not in the specifications.)
That seems way too thick for the blade and way too thin for the handle.
I have three of his knives in hand at the moment and the thinnest handle is about 3/4" thick.

Holy crap, good catch! Talking about the blade thickness. Should read 3/16", not 3/8". Can't believe I typed that twice. I've fixed it in the review. Abundant thanks.

Back