Review Post In Knife Reviews & Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damned good review sir, even if I'm a bit biased. I was on my way here after copying that post to link it. Excellent work, I know how much time that took and the time you've spent with these blades.

Wow, really cool Mistwalker, your photography and writing skills really are fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We get caught up around here we'll have to get some new steel out for you to play with.

Damned good review sir, even if I'm a bit biased. I was on my way here after copying that post to link it. Excellent work, I know how much time that took and the time you've spent with these blades.

Thanks Murph, glad you like it. Yeah, that one took me a little time. Lol, I written whole articles quicker :) I had to dig through my external hard drives ...which are some what like a disorganized black hole of an archives with files labeled more by time and place than subject... to find all of the photos I wanted. Then there was a lot of cropping and editing to get the pics down to actually show the Yuma at work well. Some of the ones I wanted were from my trip to Florida a couple of years ago where I really put the first one through serious testing, and then used the Yuma for the knife in the "Fire Steel" article I wrote for SRI. The first two weeks of testing were pretty intense, and after that I had no worries with the Yuma being the knife on my belt as I explored swamps, going in five to ten miles away from my truck, and on foot. T.M. Hunt knives became one of a handful of knife companies I trust with my life out where sh!# gets real, and that is an important thing for me. I feel the knife industry needs less of some of the crap you see available these days, and more people like Todd who actually put a lot of thought into the designs they create, both the in the functionality and in the aesthetics and sex appeal, as well as pride in the quality and durability of the tools they produce. I really like seeing that, and really wanted to play a role in help getting Todd's name out there. And well...you know...the fact that he can accomplish all of this, even with you helping him, just impresses the hell out of me that much more :eek: :p ;) :D

Wow, really cool Mistwalker, your photography and writing skills really are fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We get caught up around here we'll have to get some new steel out for you to play with.

Thanks Todd, I am glad you enjoyed the post. As I have told you in person, I really enjoy using your knives, and I trust them out where I really need them. In my work that is an important thing. I can not find a knife maker who makes tools this well, and a person I like as much as I like you from the times we have talked, and then not want to support them as much as I can. This move and this winter has been very hard on me financially, and I am very strained at the moment, but working non stop seven days a week, and sleeping three or four hours a night trying to get caught up. Maybe I'll be caught up when you guys get caught up after Blade, as I do have an order I want to put in.

I know from a user stand point, 5/32 is plenty heavy duty enough for a four inch blade, and 1/8 plenty in shorter blades, I don't question that one bit. However for me personally, as an experimenter and an instructor, I can be very hard on knives. With those thoughts in mind, I'd like to order a matching set of Yuma and Magua later with both having natural canvas scales and liners with orange pin stripes. With the Yuma being 3/16, and the Magua being 5/32. But as I said, I am financially strained, and I know you are busy getting ready for Blade, so that is a little ways down the road.

Thanks for responding guys. But now I am going to follow the BF SOP as I should have to start with, and lock this thread. The mods get a little annoyed when we have two threads running about the same subject at once...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back