Revised design

This is my go to blade for the woods redesigned. I gave the handle a little better chopping design. Feels good! This is 13.25" overall, 3/16" 0-1 etched and blued. Blade length is 7 1/2" and RC feels like 58 with my files. Now I need to find time for a sheath :D
Thanks for looking.
profilechop.jpg

inhand.jpg

Oooo-ga, Oooo-ga.......That is a big rascal......Me likes it. By the looks of it, it might take a couple of steers to make the sheath. :)

Where did you say you were getting that burgandy Micarta?

Robert

I got the burgundy from texas knifemakers. Buy it in a big piece. I think you wind up getting one set of scales free that way. Plus the larger knives need larger scales :D

Now that's a camp knife. I like the handle Brian, you got the butt just right in my book. I like the Micarta too, best stuff there is for a working knife. If I had much opportunity to hit the woods I'd have to make myself one like that...but our way of camping doesn't require much in the way of heavy cutting. :rolleyes: More like frying eggs and bacon on a gas stove on the tailgate. :) Thanks for sharing and be sure to let us know how it performs for you.

Man Brian, that is one good looking SOB. :D I really like it alot. Those type of knives are so much fun to cut loose in the woods with (pun intended :D ) Can't wait to see some pics of it in action. Very very nice indeed. ;)
Scott

Boy, that looks great! Post it on the Busse forum and maybe you'll get some conversions! :D

I am sure that this would go neck in neck with a Busse ;) I still want a Battle Mistress though. Straight handled version is nice!

Well,
I got the sheath done! My first pocket also. All in all not too bad. I should have had a leg tie down but better next time I guess :wink1:
nexttosheath.jpg

wearing.jpg

What do you think?

That's a great looking set of knives!

You got so much steel on your belt it's pulling your britches down :eek:

You know Brian, that's a hell of a nice knife you have there. Great sheath too! You are equiped! Looking goode...er, good!

Ya done good man...........Leatherwork is coming right along, and looking better each time.

Keep it up.

You going to Trackrock in May?

Robert

I hate it when someone say’s, “neat sheath” and says nothing about the knife I poured my soul into. Sorry ,but I have to say that I really like the sheath. I like the knife too.

This might be my best working knife yet.
Hey Greg...hows that SAR weighing down your wrist? ;)

Robert - I may have to make the fall Trackrock. I have about 5 jobs due by then and it seems like missing a Sat to work puts me a week behind. Are you going?

Hell..I may go :p

Last night I grabbed by Eye Brand "Sod Buster" type folding knife and it fit in the pocket great. I bet a Buck 110 would fit in too. I'll have to make these more often ;)

blgoode said:
Robert - I may have to make the fall Trackrock. I have about 5 jobs due by then and it seems like missing a Sat to work puts me a week behind. Are you going?

Hell..I may go :p
You may as well go........I am gonna try to go and work with Sandy on a possible tutorial.... Maybe between my lack of knowledge, Crex, and Sandy we might put something together that others can benefit by.

Robert

Back