• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rick Ward, was an Authorized Randall Dealer

Seems that Randall has revoked the dealership status of Rick Ward out of Lawrenceville, Georgia. There are a lot of people out there that have deposits on or have paid for knives they will never see. He doesn't answer emails and doesn't answer his phone. I understand that there are several thousand dollars involved here and alleged felony fraud. Don't know what to tell you if you are one of those losing. You can file a report with your local officials concerning fraud. If he never ordered your knife, it may be proof that there was no intent to deliver = fraud.

That's unfortunate when a supposedly reputable member of the B&M Store community goes astray... Even more so when thousands of dollars get diverted. Doesn't Randall have an obscene waitlist for new deliveries in excess of five years?

"Business Description
Rick Ward DBA is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This organization primarily operates in the Offices of Health Practitioner business / industry within the Health Services sector. This organization has been operating for approximately 2 years. Rick Ward DBA is estimated to generate $22,183 in annual revenues, and employs approximately 1 people at this single location."

He still lists himself as an "authorized Randall Knife dealer": "I am currently taking orders for Randall Knives."
to be shipped in 4 to 5 months,

RMK has indeed revoked Mr. Ward's Authorized Dealer status. If you had a pending order with Mr. Ward, I'd suggest contacting RMK directly for an attempt at resolution.
All you will get from RMK is a too bad and good luck and goodbye. You would think they would share in some of the responsibility since Rick Ward was a Authorized Dealer Representing RMK. This is not the way to take care of of their loyal customer base. Looks like the men a Behring Knives will get an increase in business in the very near future.
I do have one question For the boys at RMK; What Would Bo Do?
Regards,
Kinky

Results and a quote directly from Mr. Gary Randall (I can provide the email):
"I am very sorry about Mr. Ward and his disappearance and hope that he can be located soon."

No other assistance has been offered.

A little research that I did - "Authorized" - definition - verb. These verbs mean to give someone the authority to act:

authorized her partner to negotiate on her behalf;
a representative; commissioned; was empowered to make decisions

An "authorized dealer" has the manufacturer's permission to solicit offers to purchase the manufacturer's product(s), as distinct from an "agent" who can bind the principal to a contract.

Rick Ward stole the deposit I paid for a Randall Trailblazer. Scumbag.

Back