Ritter RSK Mk2/BK12

Just wondering if this knife is out of production and why?

It is my understanding (I am sure someone will step in to correct if I am wrong) that the MK2 is a knife done on a limited run basis. There have been multiple runs of it in the past but I am not entirely certain that it is ever guaranteed to be produced again after a single run of them sells out. I think that depends on Doug Ritter, his relationship with KnifeWorks, and whether or not he wants more of these knives made up in the future.

Regardless, it is a fine knife and will do the usual chores quite capably.

Y9P95hp.jpg

03HHNwG.jpg

gktLn5w.jpg

3iLhlwD.jpg

Just wondering if this knife is out of production and why?
Appears to be...but any answer I gave to the "why?" would be speculation. There was a thread on this topic some time back, and the knife was no longer listed on the KW website...nor has it made a reappearance, to the best of my knowledge (it isn't there today, I just double-checked). At the time of that thread, I emailed KW to ask if the knife would be available in the future, or if it was discontinued...I received no response. *edited to add - In the past, when it was simply out of stock/between runs, it remained on the website.*
If you want one, you'll have to turn to the secondary market. They pop up on the exchange occasionally; or you could try a WTB

Last edited:
Only Doug Ritter can give the definitive answer, but my guess is that Rowen mfg is booked up and there's no telling when they will have time to do another run.

It is my understanding (I am sure someone will step in to correct if I am wrong) that the MK2 is a knife done on a limited run basis. There have been multiple runs of it in the past but I am not entirely certain that it is ever guaranteed to be produced again after a single run of them sells out. I think that depends on Doug Ritter, his relationship with KnifeWorks, and whether or not he wants more of these knives made up in the future.

Regardless, it is a fine knife and will do the usual chores quite capably.

Y9P95hp.jpg

03HHNwG.jpg

gktLn5w.jpg

3iLhlwD.jpg

Looking good Padruig!

I had one and sold it. Part of me regrets selling it. It’s a great knife, but I have too many others that compete. If KaBar made it in 1095CroVan, I’d buy it again. I know the differences in KaBar 1095CV and Rowen’s 1095 are minimal, but I really prefer 1095CV.

I had one and sold it. Part of me regrets selling it. It’s a great knife, but I have too many others that compete. If KaBar made it in 1095CroVan, I’d buy it again. I know the differences in KaBar 1095CV and Rowen’s 1095 are minimal, but I really prefer 1095CV.

I had a few of those BK12s, but ended up selling them. Like you, other knives were used more. At least one of mine went to a great home with Pàdruig Pàdruig !

Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 I'm curious too?a
It almost looks like the perfect Becker, a that isn't even one.... :O
Figured it was on the upper top of the Becker's I need someday.
I love to hike and climb mountains it’s my thing. I’m very weight conscious. For the weight of the RSK I could carry my 7 and gain a bit of length. As for the the Bk10 it’s like what a 1/2 inch shorter and about the same weight. The RSK for me was just a knife trying to fill a role that I didn’t need. Besides my Bk10 is an LE and it rides in a well worn and loved Early Nix Customs leather sheath :) StrangeDaze StrangeDaze
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153781516@N05/

Last edited:
I've got one from the first run still, my feeling on them is that they are excellent knives and worth having. Having said that, the BK12($130) doesn't really do anything the BK BK10 ($85) won't do, and you can really tart up a BK10 with some goodies for the extra $ saved. Besides that BK10 seems like the Iconic Becker knife to me. It's the one I'd always see in the cheaper than dirt catalog back in the day, but couldn't afford.

I love to hike and climb mountains it’s my thing. I’m very weight conscious. For the weight of the RSK I could carry my 7 and gain a bit of length. As for the the Bk10 it’s like what a 1/2 inch shorter and about the same weight. The RSK for me was just a knife trying to fill a role that I didn’t need. Besides my Bk10 is an LE and it rides in a well worn and loved Early Nix Customs leather sheath :) StrangeDaze StrangeDaze
That Is a very handsome pairing!

I can't say that I've tried to like the BK10, because it wouldn't be true. I have a Camillus model... but I literally unpacked it and put it away - haven't touched it since, that I recall. For me it's a knife with zero appeal - the answer to a question I'll never ask. At that size, I prefer a lower blade profile - and, maybe just a little less length - for a knife I'll actually use. With that much blade height, I want more length.
Of course, maybe my memory is skewed, and it isn't as tall as I think. Might have to take it out and compare to a few things when I get home. (Naaah, don't want to risk disrupting my reality)

Last edited:
Back