RJ Martin Custom Screw

GJA-NH

Gold Member
Hello BF!
Does anyone know of a tool that is available to handle this screw on the Soft Overkill?
Thanks!

rj martin screw.jpg

Unless you can get a skinny pair of pliers to work without marking the fastener, it looks like you'd need a proprietary tool from the maker - if they are willing to supply such. Some don't. I try to avoid knives with hardware like that. What, I'm not allowed to disassemble my knife? That's almost an insult.

Agreed, TC. All I want to do is firm up the pressure on the lock bar slightly to get rid of some minor front to back lock rock.

Unless you can get a skinny pair of pliers to work without marking the fastener, it looks like you'd need a proprietary tool from the maker - if they are willing to supply such. Some don't. I try to avoid knives with hardware like that. What, I'm not allowed to disassemble my knife? That's almost an insult.
If it takes special tools to remove the hardware that I don’t need that knife. That may be one of the reasons that I love my CRK Mnandi. They encourage you to periodically disassemble the knife to clean and lube it.

I sent RJ Martin a message on Instagram.

I wanted to try a flipper with roller bearings, and did not become aware of the proprietary nature of the hardware until later. My bad.

About a year ago, Asa H sold a Soft Overkill. His price was reduced because he damaged the area around this screw while disassembling.

Looks like a job for a custom tool.

I'd get some brass rod the same diameter or closest nominal size to the screw head and cut or file a notch in the end of it...make it look like the head of a flathead screw.

Back