Road Trip! - We are bringing KIZER with us everywhere we go! (Updated 4/13/2016)

Kizer Cutlery

Follow us on Instagram: Kizer_inc
Here are some photos of Kizer knives on road trips. If you hear that age-old question "why do you carry a knife on you every day?", just take a quick drive, there will be a myriad of times when you are glad you have a knife handy.

I'll start off with some photos from our trip to Chicago for the IHA show:

At the Chicago Millenium park:

At the IL Starved Rock State Park where we saw a group of Bald Eagles at the Lover's Leap Overlook, a rare sight this winter

This trip (and the IHA show) gave us a good chance to test out the Vanguard version of the Kyre in the real world. The G10 handle worked wonderfully in the relatively cold weather (I live in the California desert, this was cold to me), grippy without being cold, nicely ergonomically curved to cling to the palm. The VG10 blade cut through all the tasks without problems and required no more than a casual cleaning, a wipe on a extra fine DMT stone did it wonders to restore the edge.

We'll be taking a trip to OK and TX next week and hope to have a chance to visit some sights out there to show you Kizer on a road trip.

Come on down and show us your photos of using Kizers on your road trips!

Last edited:
Here are some snapshots of our trip in Texas:

This is the new 2016 Vanguard Dorado with Blue/Black G10 handle and VG-10 blade. It performed beautifully in hand and in pocket. Nice and light, this is a knife that shows its impressive cutting power whenever required and flies out with authority!

Inner Space Cavern

(Don't worry, this is the Temptation Stone that was set aside for visitors to touch and play with. No actual cave walls or stones were damaged in this trip. I'm a bit of amateur spelunker so I'm pretty observant of protecting cave surfaces.)

Dorado VS. Wild Hog

This was a hog taken by one of our friends on one of his hunts. The shoulder/leg was grilled to perfection and the Dorado enjoyed cutting it up for the whole party to enjoy. The cheap steak knife was lonely in its corner being neglected.

One for the road

A view towards possibilities?

Hmmm...the new Vanguard packaging is very big box store friendly...

Here is something different - a trip around the world. A Vanguard Gemini takes a road trip to get a check-up at the factory and ready to return invigorated to the front line.

Courtesy of G2 for the lanyard.

Dear Kizer can you please tell me what model is on the picture?
On the highest row,first from the left :)

I would also like to know what model the knife is on top row, first from left. The Sheepdog collaboration is Second from left. Thanks

I would also like to know what model the knife is on top row, first from left. The Sheepdog collaboration is Second from left. Thanks

My misunderstanding. The top left appears to be the Yamakasi by Mikkel Willumsen.

Wished we had better pics of it. I can't find pics of the custom version. Love Mikkel Willumsen's designs and sure hope this one makes it into production.

I find a lot of your kinda sorta big blade but thin or not a lot of handle models really interesting. There's always that balance between getting a fun and big honking knife but then funding room in your pocket to edc it comfortably. The thin and slim handle resolves that problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That Kyre was so smooth when I handled it. Will definitely try one out!

Back