Rob Criswell Katana

Gary,

Congrats on the weight loss. Staying healthy is VERY important. "What good is knowledge without a healthy vesel to cary it?"

The sword is AWESOME! I have never held one of Rob's swords, but I certainly want to. I have heard that they are too heavy. What is your take on this?

Louis, thanks, I'm maintaining and exercising now, just a new life style and not a Diet, as with diets you eventually must come off of it and would yo-yo back to your old weight so a Change must take place and I think that I am heading in the right direction!

The sword, well to me she doesn't seem heavy, I am comparing it to the Paul Chen Shinto Katana that I once had, but only going from memory for that comparison...The balance is just about 3" in front of the tsuba, with your hand up close it balances nicely and isn't too blade heavy at all, nice work I'd say...the 20" is even more so, about 1" in front and the 12" Tanto, that balances exactly in front of the tsuba...I keep the 20" near the bedstand at night, just because ;) AND I usually carry both the 20" and 27" to work, left in the car...and the 12" in my book bag cause ya never know what might happen, without a doubt it's a long shot but nothing like needing something like that and then saying, hey! I have one at home!

G2

Back