• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ROBBED AT KNIFE POINT: GRINDWORX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why mention BHQ in the same post, when your beef is with GW (Ive dealt with the fomer but not with the latter)? You might know something about these two business entities, that I dont …
I thought, you were missing a zero, when you mentioned the cost of the knives but then I looked them up. Not sure, Id expect much of cheapo OTF knives, I personally wouldnt buy them. Nothing wrong with affordable knives per se but I certainly wouldnt be surprised, if they broke. You can of course use your money for what ever knife you want.
That being said, you of course should not be hit with a 'returned item fee' for a broken knife. Question; did you check GW's stipulations for returning an item - any item, broken or whole - prior to you sending the knife back?

Why mention BHQ in the same post, when your beef is with GW (Ive dealt with the fomer but not with the latter)? You might know something about these two business entities, that I dont …

They're owned by the same person, Grindworx used to be Blade Play...the clone/low end side of BladeHQ. Common knowledge if you were around when Cameron started the sites:).

~Chip

They're owned by the same person, Grindworx used to be Blade Play...the clone/low end side of BladeHQ. Common knowledge if you were around when Cameron started the sites:).

~Chip
Awesome, thanks:thumbsup: Had a hunch it was something like that hence my wording.
Dont think Ive ever dealt with GW. At a cursory glance, they seem to have knives in the vein of a company called BoTox (delieberately didnt want to name the company) - Frost, M-Tech and the like. Low end, as you say.
Ive dealt with BHQ but might have bought more from KC, if memory serves.

I did not see they had a 5% restocking fee, which would now explain the $7.20 and if I had read that earlier I would never have complained. Yeah, I mean I should have probably just tossed it in the trash or taken it apart, but no matter what a $35 fee is unreasonable for any reason.

All I am saying is I am never going to go to either site again, call it a boycott and just wanted to put it out there for people in the future to beware. The methods of handling petty customer complaints with the cost of another knife is totally insane. So yeah, treat any site that is not amazon like it is not amazon. You will not get reliable service, from your fellow American brethren.

Reactions: Mo2
I did not see they had a 5% restocking fee, which would now explain the $7.20 and if I had read that earlier I would never have complained. Yeah, I mean I should have probably just tossed it in the trash or taken it apart, but no matter what a $35 fee is unreasonable for any reason.
damn it

I think it might be wise to not spend money on knives if an unexpected $35 transaction pushes you into overdraft status.

Thoughts to ponder.

Anyway, this really belongs in GBU.
lol right, VERY observant and what is GBU?

I think it might be wise to not spend money on knives if an unexpected $35 transaction pushes you into overdraft status.

Thoughts to ponder.

Anyway, this really belongs in GBU.
You are def right though and is there a way to move a thread? Too true, fiscally irresponsible in the hindsight, but damage is done and just got to pick up the pieces take a lesson and move right along. Just a weird transaction is all.

is there a way to move a thread?
'Report' feature bottom left hand side of post.
dJvvxcb.jpg

I have never dealt with Grindworx ... from the sound of it I would have no reason to even look ... but many online dealers have or are implimenting restocking fees and you have to read before buying.

This isn't just the knife world. And some will charge a fee if one buyer returns X amount of knives over a certain period of time.

Now for a broken knife no dealer should charge a fee and they should cover return shipping also ... and any of the dealers I buy from would gladly do so ... that includes BladeHQ since you mentioned them.

But just as many online businesses are starting to charge tax for everyone now many have restocking fees ... you have to know what and where you buy from and their policies.

Again a broken item shouldn't have that ... but stick to the good top tier dealers and you'll find good customer service is the norm.

You likely will be able to resolve all, but bank overdraft fees(if there were any). A restocking fee for a damaged item is not appropriate.

P Pandama
We do not delete content but we can close the thread.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back