Robert" Q on the Survival Sheaths SpecOps Brand...

Will the small sheaths fit this:

5" length, 1 5/8" wide 1/4" thick

It's a Ranger Afghan.

It'd be tight, Don. Best bet would be to send it in and I'll mold a custom liner for it, unless you feel you can tweak it yourself. The stock liner is an ABS plastic pipe, smashed flat. Works great for the Fallknivens and a few others. Not so great for other ones.

I've yet to see a material that would actually be great for a whole variety of knives. It's the holy grail of plastic!

Robert,

I think I would rather send it to you and have you make something up for it, perhaps along the lines of the new thigh rig or something for it. The advertised size for the sheath would hint that it would fit but the prior owner said he had the smaller (in length) of the two SpecOps Brand Survival Sheaths and it won't fit because it's too wide.

When you do those custom rigs you are currently talking about in the other thread, is that a custom sheath for it or are you using a generic plastic liner that's just done better than those from SpecOps Brand?

I'm putting a molded sheath, like a standard belt sheath you'd get from me, behind the molle, so it's the best of both worlds.

$115.00 + Shipping for the sheath, the thigh rig and the EOD "Tray Table" Pouch or is that option more?

That option is 125.00 the small EOD is 115.00

Still not bad. Excellent setup. The large EOD looks like you can pack the airliner-sized bathroom sink in it. :D

It holds a ton of stuff. More than ample room for the largest of kits.

Back