Rogue flipper concept drawing

Here is what the Rogue flipper might look like if Kizer approves the design. What do you guys think?

rogueflipper.jpg

Here is what the Rogue flipper might look like if Kizer approves the design. What do you guys think?

View attachment 652863

I will post a line drawing of the concept in another thread. I have talked to Kizer about a flipper version. They aren't opposed to the idea, they just want to make sure there is a good balance between flipper and thumb opener. Maybe keep the thumb stud on the blade?

Great!

Dual opening by both flipper and thumb studs is something many look for and that would be fine. Getting the detent right so that it flips well and can be opened by thumb studs can be a challenge. Personally, I'd prefer a strong detent even if it becomes a flipper only opening mechanism.

I agree with the stronger detent. I have spoken to Kizer about this already and they will address the detent in future runs. Here is a drawing with the thumb stud. I believe the position of the stud in this version will provide enough leverage to overcome a heavy detent with out causing any discomfort.

rogueflipper2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with the stronger detent. I have spoken to Kizer about this already and they will address the detent in future runs. Here is a drawing with the thumb stud. I believe the position of the stud in this version will provide enough leverage to overcome a heavy detent with out causing any discomfort.

View attachment 652884

Invalid Attachment

I have the current Rogue, and I'd certainly get this one, too.

Cool, I'd be interested. I'd like to see thinner stock or a hollow grind.

Cool, I'd be interested. I'd like to see thinner stock or a hollow grind.

I am thinking along those lines as well. I am going to see how tall of a hollow grind they can do.

Thanks everyone!

I am thinking along those lines as well. I am going to see how tall of a hollow grind they can do.

Thanks everyone!

Whoa, now we're talking! I'm getting excited. :)

I havent pulled the trigger on a rouge yet but if this makes it into production i may have to pick one up. I love the blade shape by the way. it would make a hell of a box cutter. my only suggestion would be to have a bearing pivot on the flipper version.

I havent pulled the trigger on a rouge yet but if this makes it into production i may have to pick one up. I love the blade shape by the way. it would make a hell of a box cutter. my only suggestion would be to have a bearing pivot on the flipper version.

Your are spot on! Bearings for sure!

Kizer has sure been busy with some great designs.

How about a stonewashed blade?

I'd prefer just flipper or just thumb stud. I've never been a fan of both on a blade. Maybe it's because I don't like the look of either on the blade and see having one as a required evil but having both as an eye sore for no/minimal opening benefit. At this point I think I'd take just the flipper version first. Working/cutting/sharpening around some thumb studs just isn't ideal. That one seems a bit out from the scales and a bit into the cutting path. It may not be an issue, just that I'd be more inclined to buy the flipper only option.

We are looking at prototyping the Rogue flipper. I am working on the specs now. If this moves forward, the soonest we would see something would most likely be Blade 2017.

Back