• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

RohdeEdge-Christmas Price Drop! 52100 Curly Koa Wabocho

Here's the latest from my shop and some of the best work so far! I'm really happy with how this blade has turned out!
Dimensions:
Overall Weight: 6.75oz
BLADE:
Steel: 52100 Carbon steel
Hardness: Approx: 60HRC
Overall Length: 12 8/7"
Blade Length**: 8 1/8"
Width: 1 7/8"
Spine Thickness: .165"( at its thickest, there's allot of taper in the blade)
¼ Back from the Edge: .027"
Edge Thickness: .009
Finish: 400 grit Satin
Grind: Full Flat Grind

There is a pretty distinct hardening line running through this blade but I just couldn't get a good shot of it so whoever buys it get to explore and enjoy it!

Spine is smooth with no sharp edges, Comes with a Smiths 325 grit Edge

HANDLE:
Finish: Oiled and Buffed(tang is satin finished)
Material: Stabilized Curly Koa from J.Doyle
Pins: 5/16" Stainless Loveless bolts

SHEATH:
No sheaths but comes in a zippered padded case

*Blade Length is measured from the point to the start of the handle scales
**Width is measured at the ricasso

Price: $355 Shipped CONUS(I do ship internationally but will need to add extra for shipping shot me a message and I can tell you what the extra will be)
First to post "I'll Take It!" gets it! Get me your email and I'll send you a Paypal Invoice. If you have any questions you can email me at: RohdeEdge@gmail.com or send me a Visitor Message or PM

411875342.jpg

411875343.jpg

411875344.jpg

411875346.jpg

411875345.jpg

If you have any comments or questions just let me know. If you would like something similar send me and email and we can talk about a custom order

Thanks for looking!

Daniel Rohde

if you're going to make a work horse style chef knife always make the cutting edge 8" minimum.
less just doesn't make sense for any serious cook who wants a compact knife. then they just get longer as space, and experience goes up for the user/professional .

everything else is just fine imho . as a former professional cook, and chef I always cringe when i see makers talking about chef knives with less than an 8 " cutting edge. The only other thing I'd suggest is to offer a stainless steel option. that makes a huge difference to most folks, especially the really busy or lazy ones lol.

Lastly i noticed the tang taper that you did. That was really a nice touch imho. :thumbup:

im going to disagree there. I find using a wabocho or more traditional santoku the sweet spot is somewhere between 6 and 7.5 inches of blade. when you are mostly relying on that up and down shop rather than a roll, i find a longer blade just doesnt do much to improve it. Beautiful blade by the way Daniel. Is the Koa natural or dyed?

Last edited:
im going to disagree there. I find using a wabocho or more traditional santoku the sweet spot is somewhere between 6 and 7.5 inches of blade. when you are mostly relying on that up and down shop rather than a role, i find a longer blade just doesnt do much to improve it. Beautiful blade by the way Daniel. Is the Koa natural or dyed?
THis is natural koa, it's really pretty stuff!

I've got my heart set on this lovely piece... if Xmas works out the way it should I will be buying it.

im going to disagree there. I find using a wabocho or more traditional santoku the sweet spot is somewhere between 6 and 7.5 inches of blade. when you are mostly relying on that up and down shop rather than a roll, i find a longer blade just doesn't do much to improve it. Beautiful blade by the way Daniel. Is the Koa natural or dyed?

you are probably correct. yet, you disagreed about a different type of knife than the ones you mentioned . i was referring to a traditional chef knife only = french/germ.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef's_knife

though my personal choice was a gyuto masimoto vg .
Upon using it for the first time i have never felt anything better/close, and it's slicing was like a magic wand imho. :)

why does the date say 2015 instead of 2016 ?

Back