Root ball head war club?? How to make one ?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Edwood7, May 13, 2011.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    That looks like a ham hock. :eek:

Looking forward to the finished project. :thumbup:

2. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010
    [​IMG]

Well this is my progress for today. I added a few groves to the handle for added grip. I put three metal bolts on the root ball and welded on some iron spikes. Also put a lanyard hole on the Handel. Put one a few coats of wood finish.
    Not going for historical accuracy, just plain intimidation factor. My brother helped me out whit the spikes. He wants me to put o bigger spike on the other side of the ball but I’m still not sure. What do you guys think ?

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  3. Yahmanin

Yahmanin

Sep 29, 2003
    That's a helluva party favor there, just the thing for awkward social occasions! Maybe a can opener on the back? A bigger version of the back of the (freaking awesome!) DWinkler 'hawk in your sig.

The as-is 'Front Towards Enemy' design looks pretty bad @$$ too though. If you don't go with the back spike, you give any thought to carving/jack hammering off the rear lobe to give it full on forward curve?.

4. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010
    I did think of loping of the back ball. The wood on this thing is incredibly hard. I think that the back root ball does give it some balance and a dull striking face for mmmm, not so brutal striking. I’m going to think about it.

Im planning on putting it in my office, next to the complaint forms. :grumpy:

5. pullrich

pullrich

May 4, 2010
    Well done. A truly savage weapon you have there.

6. church&son

church&son

Jan 1, 2009

Edwood, that will be a short line. Nice job and an awesome weapon.....Randy

7. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Very nice work!

I don't think I would tempt fate and put another spike on it, could weaken the head and may put it over the top as to looks.

8. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    Downright scary looking Ed. It will stop any complaints. ;-))

Keep safe Bro

Robin