Root ball head war club?? How to make one ?

That looks like a ham hock. :eek:

Looking forward to the finished project. :thumbup:

Well this is my progress for today. I added a few groves to the handle for added grip. I put three metal bolts on the root ball and welded on some iron spikes. Also put a lanyard hole on the Handel. Put one a few coats of wood finish.
Not going for historical accuracy, just plain intimidation factor. My brother helped me out whit the spikes. He wants me to put o bigger spike on the other side of the ball but I’m still not sure. What do you guys think ?

Last edited:
That's a helluva party favor there, just the thing for awkward social occasions! Maybe a can opener on the back? A bigger version of the back of the (freaking awesome!) DWinkler 'hawk in your sig.

The as-is 'Front Towards Enemy' design looks pretty bad @$$ too though. If you don't go with the back spike, you give any thought to carving/jack hammering off the rear lobe to give it full on forward curve?.

I did think of loping of the back ball. The wood on this thing is incredibly hard. I think that the back root ball does give it some balance and a dull striking face for mmmm, not so brutal striking. I’m going to think about it.

Im planning on putting it in my office, next to the complaint forms. :grumpy:

Very nice work!

I don't think I would tempt fate and put another spike on it, could weaken the head and may put it over the top as to looks.

Back