RoseCraft Knives

They have a doctors knife with two blades out now
G2

I would give one a try when they have a supplier to canada.they only ship usa.but not that we don't have alot of good Chinese knives to choose from.boker comes to mind and cold steel.they have suppliers here and have versions in jigged bone.

The new Clinch River Swayback in Smoky Gray Bone is tempting :D

RCT005-GY_Main.jpg

At the current price point RC knives sell for I have been overall very pleased with the examples I have purchased.

nmjtedX.jpg

ceamedp.jpg

RD6WemI.jpg

638GfBz.jpg

JcTydgl.jpg

IDvr7x6.jpg
Knives with flipper tabs, thumb studs, and new-fangled locking mechanisms aren't really welcome in this subforum. Might want to edit your post before the mods get wind of it 👀.

The Appalachian and Loosahatchie Jacks are fine and it looks like you got some great examples!

Knives with flipper tabs, thumb studs, and new-fangled locking mechanisms aren't really welcome in this subforum. Might want to edit your post before the mods get wind of it 👀.

The Appalachian and Loosahatchie Jacks are fine and it looks like you got some great examples!
I think i must have got a dudd as i bought the Zambezi and the first time i used it the bloody Blade came loose so much so the pin started protruding from the Bolster and all i was doing is slicing hide treats to give to my Dogs,I was nearly crying as i was so looking forward to it,I sent it back and im waiting on a refund,Gutted.

I only have one example, the barlow. There wasn't much to complain about! I was most impressed that the spring was flush in all 3 positions. Is this true for most of their knives?

I only have one example, the barlow. There wasn't much to complain about! I was most impressed that the spring was flush in all 3 positions. Is this true for most of their knives?
I just checked the few I have handy, Appalachian Jack, Little Riverbend Skinner, and Beaver Creek Barlow - and they're flush in all 3 positions. I'll try to check the rest of my Rosecraft hoard tomorrow. 🤣

I just checked the few I have handy, Appalachian Jack, Little Riverbend Skinner, and Beaver Creek Barlow - and they're flush in all 3 positions. I'll try to check the rest of my Rosecraft hoard tomorrow. 🤣
It's quite impressive they're able to do this while keeping other areas of fit and finish on point. I've been on the fence about the coffin jack. Might just finally pull the trigger.

I like the clip shape and nail nick. Rat tailed bolsters. Apparently they are stamping the tang now (at least on one side) instead of etching it. All steel construction. D2 steel. 3.5" closed, which is within my preferred size range. I even like the covers. Kind of reminds me of the Barlow Bearcat barlow.

The coffin jack is the only one I have. Nice little knife, but I thought putting the country of origin on a clear, easily removed sticker instead of etching or stamping it on the blade was a bit deceitful.

The coffin jack is the only one I have. Nice little knife, but I thought putting the country of origin on a clear, easily removed sticker instead of etching or stamping it on the blade was a bit deceitful.
Deceitful? I respectfully disagree.

I have a couple Northwoods' Fall Creeks and the only bit of text on them is "NORTHWOODS" - is it deceitful that they aren't stamped "USA"? I also have a Tactile Knife Co Dreadeye that's made in Texas but doesn't indicate that anywhere on the knife. Is Tactile being deceitful by not stamping it with "Made in Texas, USA"? Not in my opinion. A final example - A.G. Russell, for as long as I've known of them (pre-internet) has always clearly stated country of manufacture on a per knife basis in their catalogs - especially after he made the decision to move some manufacturing offshore. Some of the knives are stamped with the country of origin, my Woodswalker is stamped "JAPAN," for instance, but I don't see "CHINA" stamped on any of their traditional patterns. Deceitful? I'd say "no." In fact, at the moment, I'm trying really hard not to order one of their Chinese-made Sowbelly Trappers, which appears to be a big and beautifully made traditional knife (if anyone can refute this, please do - I really don't need any more knives... 🤣).

Personally, I prefer not to have "China" stamped or etched on the blade. It doesn't add to the aesthetics or functionality for me, plus - I know where it's from and if I ever forget and need to look it up, the information is readily available on their site and many others. Prior to the existence of the internet, I could understand the need to indicate county of manufacture on the knife itself. Now? Not so much. I feel no need to advertise for China and there's no need to rub my nose in it each time I go to use my knife! 🤣

Rosecraft has mentioned having plans to open a factory in the USA. In the event this occurs, and if that factory were to produce the same models as those produced overseas, then I suppose I could see how it might be deceitful not to indicate from which factory a specific example originated, but I doubt very highly that the situation would unfold that way. In such a situation, I'd prefer they stamped the US-made products "USA," and left the overseas models as they are now. 🤷

So why bother putting a sticker on it at all? Personally, I don't care where it was made.

Back