Roselli Kitchen Knives

How thick is the stock that these blades are made from? They look fairly hefty and I`m hoping they have some weight to them. Are any of them chisel ground?

Also.....what is the status of the Roselli Production Wootz Puukkos?

Thanks!

I think there are still some pre-production wootz puukkos left. Drop me an e-mail if you want me to dig up contact info for Roselli Oy.

------------------
AKTI Member #A000832

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, the bear eats you."

I took the two Roselli "Japanese" chef's knives out of the drawer and weighed them. The long one is 7 1/2 ounces, and the short one is 6 ounces. Both are a little less than 1/8" thick at the spine, tapering toward the edge (forged to shape), with the 1/2" nearest the edge polished in the sharpening. Symetrical edges - not chisel ground.

The kitchen knives have tangs that go partway through the handle, but not all the way through, so if you try using one for "khukuri" duty you will probably say "Why the #@!! did I do that?"

The cleaver and the Ulu are slightly heavier stock.

On Roselli's page at www.roselli.fi they're selling Wootz Hunter and Grandfather puukkos, with decorated sheaths, directly for $395 and $325. I haven't brought any of those in "on spec." I do have a Wootz Carpenter puukko which is virgin (fondled, but never used), which I'll part with for $300, which is about what I paid for it about a year ago. Plain sheath.
www.chaicutlery.com/roselli/wootz-l.jpg
www.chaicutlery.com/roselli/wootz-detail.jpg
wootz-m.jpg

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Back