• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Rosie - Oz Machine Co

ses5925

Basic Member
Now I understand the Roosevelt aka Rosie by Oz Machine Co is not for everyone. However, for those that have acquired one... What’s the trick? I literally had my wife and 15 year old son on separate devices / computer that automatically populates payment information for multiple drops over multiple weeks to consistently fail. Is it just bad luck? Or is there a trick to increase my chances? I see some people with multiple…. Grrr 😡… j/k

I have shop app enabled.

Thanks for any suggestions! I like a challenge … I’ll keep trying … but I’m not opposed to having an advantage.

The Knife Gods have to smile favorably on you it sometimes seems. I, too, want one but am not even going to bother with the drops. Gonna find mine on the exchange here.

Now I understand the Roosevelt aka Rosie by Oz Machine Co is not for everyone. However, for those that have acquired one... What’s the trick? I literally had my wife and 15 year old son on separate devices / computer that automatically populates payment information for multiple drops over multiple weeks to consistently fail. Is it just bad luck? Or is there a trick to increase my chances? I see some people with multiple…. Grrr 😡… j/k

I have shop app enabled.

Thanks for any suggestions! I like a challenge … I’ll keep trying … but I’m not opposed to having an advantage.

I’ve had better luck when they do the lottery. The drops are impossible for me. I hope they do more lotteries soon. Also, you can send me a message on my profile page and I can help you out

Over the past month, every single time I checked the knife exchange here on Blade Forums I saw a Roosevelt for sale. It’s uncanny! A few days ago I was thinking about posting a thread along the lines of “if this knife is so awesome why is everyone getting rid of theirs?” but decided against it.

People are flipping them for quick dollar… because some people can’t get them (me). But I refuse to pay more than the already high price they are listed for on OZ. I’m willing to wait.

People are flipping them for quick dollar… because some people can’t get them (me). But I refuse to pay more than the already high price they are listed for on OZ. I’m willing to wait.
This is wise.

Over the past month, every single time I checked the knife exchange here on Blade Forums I saw a Roosevelt for sale. It’s uncanny! A few days ago I was thinking about posting a thread along the lines of “if this knife is so awesome why is everyone getting rid of theirs?” but decided against it.

Well there are 3000+ of them out in the wild these days, they're not for everyone, and just because I like/enjoy/praise a knife doesn't mean I'm going to keep it forever. I've sold plenty of knives that I'd say nothing but good things about.

That said, I won my Rosie #975 in Oz's lottery and have never thought of selling it unless it was to buy a different Rosie. They're great knives.

Well there are 3000+ of them out in the wild these days, they're not for everyone, and just because I like/enjoy/praise a knife doesn't mean I'm going to keep it forever. I've sold plenty of knives that I'd say nothing but good things about.

That said, I won my Rosie #975 in Oz's lottery and have never thought of selling it unless it was to buy a different Rosie. They're great knives.
My point is that I’ve seen several people ask about how to acquire the knife, and at the same time they’re constantly up for sale on the exchange. It just seemed like a disconnect to me. I hope you didn’t take my initial comment personally as it seems like the meaning was lost.

And for what it’s worth, if my hands weren’t enormous I’d be after one as well. I really like the design.

My point is that I’ve seen several people ask about how to acquire the knife, and at the same time they’re constantly up for sale on the exchange. It just seemed like a disconnect to me. I hope you didn’t take my initial comment personally as it seems like the meaning was lost.

And for what it’s worth, if my hands weren’t enormous I’d be after one as well. I really like the design.

I was just commenting in regard to the "if it's so awesome why is everyone getting rid of them" sentiment, no hard feelings here.

For what it's worth I wear XL/XXL gloves and the Rosie fits great. That's part of the ergonomic excellence of it...relatively small knife but it doesn't feel small. He's also making an XL model now.

I was just commenting in regard to the "if it's so awesome why is everyone getting rid of them" sentiment, no hard feelings here.
Yeah that’s why I didn’t post my thread after all. Figured it was a bit too tongue-in-cheek.
For what it's worth I wear XL/XXL gloves and the Rosie fits great. That's part of the ergonomic excellence of it...relatively small knife but it doesn't feel small. He's also making an XL model now.
Oh man don’t tell me this! Haha! I’m already broke as it is. Off-hand do you know the overall length of the XL model?

Yeah that’s why I didn’t post my thread after all. Figured it was a bit too tongue-in-cheek.

Oh man don’t tell me this! Haha! I’m already broke as it is. Off-hand do you know the overall length of the XL model?

8.5" OAL, 3.75" blade 4.75" handle. The lotto this past weekend was for #56-60 so there aren't many out in the wild at all and he seems to only be doing 5-10 XLs per drop.

I have shop app enabled.

I tried for the drops as well, but the closest I got was putting it into the cart. Just have to keep trying, maybe lucky one of these days

Back