Ross Cutlery Sharpening Service

Anyone ever send a ceramic Boker blade to this place or have any dealings with them? I have a black Boker ceramic chef's knife I'd like to get professionally sharpened and Ross is where Boker recommends sending their ceramic blades in to have that done. I sent them a couple emails through their web site about a week apart asking a few questions and explaining what I'd like done to the knife but I'm having no luck getting anyone from there to respond. I'm hesitant to just send the knife in and hope for the best if they can't even be bothered to respond to an email. Any info, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Boker might want to reconsider their relationship with Ross as their official proxy sharpening service for its ceramic blades. Based on my experience, they are unable, unwilling or simply uninterested in responding to a simple and straight-forward email inquery about their sharpening services vis-a-vis a Boker ceramic blade. To the extent that it's of any interest to Boker, here's the second email I sent:

"Hi. I sent you folks a message a week or so back but never received a reply so I'm following up. I have a 6" Boker black ceramic chef's knife that I would like to have sharpened and, if possible, reprofiled to fix an ~1/8th" broken tip. If reprofiling the tip back to something resembling a point is not possible, I'd still like to proceed with getting the blade sharpened anyway and leave the tip as is.

A couple questions: Is the $19.95 price for having Ross sharpen a Boker ceramic blade still current? When I send it in for sharpening, can you examine the blade to determine if reprofiling is a possibility and charge me whatever that service costs in addition to the flat fee sharpening charge? Thanks in advance for your assistance."

Anyway, guess I'll go another route. Boker, if you're interested, this place isn't doing your company's rep any favors.

ROFLOL
Böker does not reply to emails or threads here, either.
I sent them an email in February, they STILL have not responded.
They STILL have not responded to the thread I started here the same day.

Why do you think they would care if the person or company they licensed to sharpen their ceramic blades ignores the customers, too?

The new mod contacted me and helped get my communication issue with Ross Cutlery resolved. Thanks, beagleboy.

Back