Ruana Knife Vintage

J9Uv7IL_lbWrSXCpqt41VZ5q3eUzQii6sjFQJ1_VOaFzmZE95mWwwtFiesB99AilqrMlRQ=s151

My Ruana knife handed down to me from my dad. I just want to know opinions about the knife. Square 3 rivet handle unmarked. 5 3/4 inch blade.

Last edited:
What do want to know? Ruana knives are collectible and there is a strong market. They are still in business and respond to questions.

I looked at the Ruana web sight. They really don't want to hear from people with old knifes. If you want an appraisal , it is $30

Last edited:
You really didn't answer Brownshoe's question. What is it you are trying to find out about it? There is a good book out there on the subject, "The Hammer Still Rings" by Frank Towsley. Why should Ruana appraise your knife for free?

Hi K KevinDaniels , thanks for joining us here on Bladeforums. Welcome.

You have a very historically renowned maker. Probably the most important aspect of this knife is that it was your Father's.

This forum isn't as informative for your needs as THIS forum would be. The men in there are VERY savvy and helpful.

Ask not for opinions, but for knowledge. Big difference. $$ Valuations are taboo here unless you get a paid membership, but who cares about that. Save this knife as an heirloom.

You only have one small thumb. The first thing you need to do is link to larger images.

Good luck. Congratulations. Welcome.

You really didn't answer Brownshoe's question. What is it you are trying to find out about it? There is a good book out there on the subject, "The Hammer Still Rings" by Frank Towsley. Why should Ruana appraise your knife for free?
I am just wondering if anyone knows more about the knife than I do. I never said they should appraise the knife for free. Just stating facts about what they are willing to do. Maybe
someone here has more specific knowledge to share.
Y9X3pZaYBtC1E9vlmPZuaYPhNU7-guh-x-t7q4e3BAUKKlUX5W73APuCP8Hj4bNgJKOFrQ=s151

I looked at the Ruana web sight. They really don't want to hear from people with old knifes. If you want an appraisal , it is $30
That's a deal.

Having documentation for that knife is worth far more then 30 bucks.

They would know more about it then anyone.

I can probably tell you a little bit about it, but the pictures don't work for me. Is there a sheath?

Hi Kevin,

The problem is wherever you hosted them from, not Bladeforums. I looked at your URL (Google?) and it's now incomplete.

Google in't a great source to host from. Imgur is.

Try again? Good luck.

Jim

No. Cannot see them, Kevin.

Are you hosting them somewhere, or trying to attach a file. There is no website URL for the images, although they end in .jpg.

JIm

Back