Review Ruike Jager fixed blade Model F118-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary ,

Really really nice review and great pics to boot !!!!!! Great job :)
The knife does look nice and your review may just be the nudge for me to get one:) to try out.

Merry Christmas David and I think you'll enjoy that one, showed it off to the family today, everyone was impressed, only two guys there that 'know' knives but the others thought it looked very well made.
G2

Funny you mention that as I carry this in the waist band as well, removed the clip, attached paracord to the end of the sheath and looped that around a belt loop so it acts as a static cord.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Easily drawn from there, and with the sheath dangling on the paracord, I hold the sheath in my left hand to return the knife safely, a little easier method and safer too ;)

G2

Funny you mention that as I carry this in the waist band as well, removed the clip, attached paracord to the end of the sheath and looped that around a belt loop so it acts as a static cord.

Easily drawn from there, and with the sheath dangling on the paracord, I hold the sheath in my left hand to return the knife safely, a little easier method and safer too ;)

G2
Is the static cord method so the clip doesnt show? Does it make it harder to pull rhe blade out.

Here’s a video that explains it

G2

I picked up one of these, and I like it alot. If the handle was about 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch longer, it would be almost perfect. I don't have large hands, but the handle does feel a bit short to me, at times.

Good looking knife. Good review. I see one trademark infringement. Do you?

Thanks, and no I didn’t notice that but I don’t know every fixed blade to see it
What is it?
G2

Never heard of that before, thanks for pointing it out
G2

Is the Sandvik 14C28N used made in China along with the knife? I always wonder why that steel is compared to 440C when it is actually closer to 440A with 0.62% Carbon. 59-60 Rc is nice and with low carbon content should keep this stainless blade fairly tough.

I've had one of these for about three years now I think, but sadly haven't used it much as I have several other knives in this size range. I will have to dust it off, and start carrying it a bit. Thanks for the reminder, and review! Mine was about ten bucks cheaper than the current price. Inflation I guess. :)

Is the Sandvik 14C28N used made in China along with the knife? I always wonder why that steel is compared to 440C when it is actually closer to 440A with 0.62% Carbon. 59-60 Rc is nice and with low carbon content should keep this stainless blade fairly tough.

Not sure, seems these days it's hard to say with any certainty what anyone is truly using it seems, but from sharpening it I can attest it took a very nice edge to it and felt on the stones to be of good stuff, from comparing all the other steels I have sharpened over the years.

And Pilot1, always good to get knives out of the drawer, like getting a new knife all over again :)
G2

Being that sandvik is a swedish company i would assume its imported by ruike. Unless there claiming it is and isn't. Also this talon hole seems more like a foward lanyard hole. Kind of grey area to trademark a hole. Besides the spydie hole that is specific.

Edit. Scratch out the talon hole and spydie hole as this is a review thread. Trademark or not its a great knife.

Last edited:
China has been making this steel for some time. I seriously doubt that CHINA is importing steel to make knives in China, where these are made. I would bet money the steel is made there along with all the other Chinese steels for everything else they make. But then again, stranger things are possible. I would be interested in knowing if the steel is imported to China and machined there.

Talon hole is trademarked, like it or not and it was trademarked a long time ago.

Last edited:
The sandvik is a type. China has been making this steel for some time. I seriously doubt that CHINA is importing steel to make knives in China, where these are made. I would bet money the steel is made there along with all the other Chinese steels for everything else they make.

Talon hole is trademarked, like it or not and it was trademarked a long time ago.
You may want to check on sandvick ab. Sandvick is a company sandvick materials technology is under them. Trademark is left up too other people to deside if it makes it there. I dont want to mess up garys great thread. Have a good day.

You may want to check on sandvick ab. Sandvick is a company sandvick materials technology is under them. Trademark is left up too other people to deside if it makes it there. I dont want to mess up garys great thread. Have a good day.

The fact that it has swedish sandvick steel says that you may be right about it being imported into china. one way to really know would be to test a blade for chem makeup. I may buy one and do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back