Review RUIKE L41-B

Do you think being able to handle a knife would make you more likely to buy said knife?

• I like the mystery of what the knife could feel like to handle without handling it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
This is just a quick review, but mainly photos, of my a RUIKE multi-tool I bought second hand. It is in as new condition. I paid half the recommended retail for it here in Australia, rrp 89aud.
0RyaoAG.jpg
G5X3cDi.jpg

My first impression was how big it is. I'm from a relatively isolated place in central NSW Australia and RUIKE dealers are few and far between so the chance to handle a knife before buying it is non existent. And I had in my head it was 91mm Sak sized.
X1FAzfO.jpg

Here is a size comparison to my 111mm HERCULES.
5V4tajk.jpg
0CIFqs0.jpg

It has all the tools you would need for day to day fix it jobs that other multi-tools have. All the tools do there intended job.
0H2tpuT.jpg
5QL1Xbi.jpg

On this bulky sized knife I find pocket clip a bit useless but it's good to have the option.
fhL67ss.jpg

iz5AYud.jpg

I find the scales to be very grippy and I expect them to last the life of the knife easily with proper care.

ugrv1jM.jpg
Uc0Zetn.jpg

I have had this knife for a few months now and a couple key points I'd like to make, are how much I like the non locking main blade (12C27), how great the tweezers are and how much I disliked the pliers, there very awkward to use.
So the best way I can demonstrate how
the pliers work is to take a photo of the knife being held flat on the table while operating the pliers. The head moves an inch in the process of closing them and makes it awkward to pick something up with them
V36C8xk.jpg
6TBxOB7.jpg

Compare this to the SAK
0KOazgh.jpg
YpxGaF2.jpg

A nice addition is the glass breaker
9AnGAkq.jpg

A quick summary, I'm glad I bought the knife but it's not something I personally would carry day to day.
I really like the blade, tweezers and glass breaker. Luckily they make a M11 model which has just the tools I mentioned. I have one on the way and am looking forward to using it.
6tP5n1N.png

As for the L41, I'm not going to miss it and I'm sending it off to 315 315 for him to have a go. I'd personally pay extra money and buy a SAK with a similar tool set.

I believe this Ruike tool, so was the Boker Tech Tool line, are both made by the same Chinese manufacturer Sanrenmu. This one is longer, which is synonym to SAK 111mm tools. But the Boker Tech Tool line is the synonym to the 91mm SAK, which I believe what you were potentially looking for:

https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?usrsearch=boker+tech+tool

Here is a review by Outside in 2016, I didn't read thru it(can't say whether I agree with the review or not) but the pictures are good for reference.
https://www.outsideonline.com/2048236/did-boker-just-design-better-swiss-army-knife

Dan, I’ll give it a good workout and report what my thoughts are. With the glass breaker it may make a decent work knife.

Nice review mate.
I recently had this conversation with the wife. I'm in urban NSW and I'm over trying to get knives at brick and mortar stores. I was on the hunt for a leatherman and a vic compact and I'm happy to pay a bit more to support small business. I went to a few in person "nah don't carry that model" no offer I could order it in. 1 had 1 in stock but has added another $15 over that of their own website, which wasn't cheap to start with.
I did find 1 on a website for a small chain, have 3 or 4 shops. Contacted the local out which is 15 minutes from me. "Don't carry that 1 our other stores might have 1, you'll have to ring them" The other shops are over an hour + North or South of me. So it would be more practical to buy off the website and pay shipping.
As we are involved in small business, I was amazed not 1 employee offered to order 1 in or have it transferred to store.
Luckily I found a brand new Charge ALX on the secondary market. The compact hunt continues....:cool:

the mysterious knife designer is supposedly mr. liang gang born in 1973 in some place called yulin in china; and had been actively designing since the 90's.
he had worked with sanrenmu but according to some sources, have been with realsteel knives since 2013.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=898232010223780
dunno the arrangement, but the design has been appearing under different brands.names...

Last edited:
Dan, I’ll give it a good workout and report what my thoughts are. With the glass breaker it may make a decent work knife.
Hey mate the heat is rising here (104°c) and I've been working nights to escape it, so I haven't sent the RUIKE. My wife is back Monday and she will send it then sorry for the delay.
Dan

Thanks for the review. I am considering a LD43 (rescue knife) so it's good to know how their other models are.

Thanks for the review. I am considering a LD43 (rescue knife) so it's good to know how their other models are.
I just had a look online at the LD43. The thumb stud on its blade looks like it would make the great blade even better.
Dan

Hey mate the heat is rising here (104°c) and I've been working nights to escape it, so I haven't sent the RUIKE. My wife is back Monday and she will send it then sorry for the delay.
Dan

Dan, no worries at all. I’ve been a little distracted lately with work and looking for a new truck. My Chevy is still in good shape but it’s almost 18 years old. I ended up getting a new Toyota Tundra. That Ruike may go good with the interior:D

92-EC5682-A8-CB-4615-B019-DBAE105-AFEA2.jpg

Dan, no worries at all. I’ve been a little distracted lately with work and looking for a new truck. My Chevy is still in good shape but it’s almost 18 years old. I ended up getting a new Toyota Tundra. That Ruike may go good with the interior:D

92-EC5682-A8-CB-4615-B019-DBAE105-AFEA2.jpg
Wow I've never seen such a truck, V8 too nice. In Australia Toyota only have LandCruiser and Hilux available in ute configuration sadly the LandCruiser is going to twin turbo V6 instead of the strong V8 it has now. I have a 2019 Hilux duel cab. Can't kill them.
And yes the RUIKE will make a great Toyota knife.

Wow I've never seen such a truck, V8 too nice. In Australia Toyota only have LandCruiser and Hilux available in ute configuration sadly the LandCruiser is going to twin turbo V6 instead of the strong V8 it has now. I have a 2019 Hilux duel cab. Can't kill them.
And yes the RUIKE will make a great Toyota knife.

Yup, the Tundra is supposed to be going to the turbo V6, that’s why I grabbed the one I did. A friend in South Africa runs the Hilux with a diesel, I could only wish....

Holy smokes this thing is a brute!! It arrived today and I didn’t realize how big it was. Definitely a belt pouch knife. Seems extremely well made, so let’s see if I can find some work and put it through its paces!!

E7-BDAEA8-1376-4419-99-E4-CE1-B1-AB00-F07.jpg

Holy smokes this thing is a brute!! It arrived today and I didn’t realize how big it was. Definitely a belt pouch knife. Seems extremely well made, so let’s see if I can find some work and put it through its paces!!

E7-BDAEA8-1376-4419-99-E4-CE1-B1-AB00-F07.jpg
Yes after looking at it online only, it's surprising how big it is in the hand. I'm glad you think the same. Do you find the plier action odd as well?
Dan

Dan, I don’t have a SAK with pliers so I can’t really compare them. But it’s weird how they close when you apply pressure. The spring side starts to close again when you squeeze them. It’s different, that’s for sure.

Back