Ruike P121 “Hussar”

Recently picked up a Ruike P121 from a recommendation on here and I am very impressed so far. 3.5” flipper with great action and lockup. Anyone else have extended experience with this blade?

None here but here’s a picture for reference.

EE891957-8598-4061-88A2-F682BC56E2EE.jpeg

Yeah I've had mine and carried it on and off for probably 9 months. I like it a lot. It cuts really well and it's still extremely smooth when flipping.

I bought this knife about a year-and-a-half ago. I put an edge on it and immediately took it out to work. For some reason I was thinking this knife might be a little on the dainty side, but far from it.

It has performed all of its job site duties very well. Anything from sharpening my pencils when I am marking up trim to cut, cutting scrapping from shipping crates, cutting insulation, trimming sheetrock, etc. The knife has been a real pleasant surprise for me.

I think it's a great buy. Not because it isn't expensive but because it is a good knife. Like the g10 handles that have a generous girth for my big mitts. The blade stays reasonably sharp during the day and it's plenty sturdy for practical use. It is easy to sharpen and the stop pin behind the blade holds it firmly in place while in use. Liner lock still walks up in the first third.

As a sidebar I ran into a group of guys that saw me using it. They wanted to know where I got it as they had a couple of friends that are using them to clean and skin deer and they really liked the knife but couldn't find it for sale at that time. They loved the sweep in the blade for skinning, the point for those initial cuts and the fact that it holds an edge will enough for them to get through a reasonable amount of carcass before a touch up.

It's a winner to me!

Robert

I was impressed with everything but the material quality of the hardware. The head of one of the screws tore off under minimal torque. Very soft hardware.

I have one so far it is good it flips really well. Stays sharp. Cannot beat the price.

Back