Ruike P801 squeak

I recently purchased this knife and I’m happy with it but the thing I’m disappointed with is that it isn’t as smooth or fast as I was hoping for. I’ve been playing around with the pivot but I cannot get it to open like I would like. I also hear a squeak when closing. In comparison, my Ontario Rat is smoother and faster to deploy. My brother has a kershaw skyline which is smoother and faster as well.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Depends on how much interest you have in addressing the issue and whether you like tinkering.

Here's what I would do in the order of difficulty:

1. Put a drop of your favorite lubricant in the pivot area. Just a single drop. Then open and close the knife a couple of times and see if that helps.
2. Adjust the pivot tension.
- This will require you to have the correct torx driver bit for the knife. I went to a big box store and bought the cheapest set I could find. Make sure you get a set because if you need to disassemble the entire knife, it will probably need multiple size drivers.
- Many people recommend getting Wiha drivers, but they are pricey.
- there may be loctite in the pivot, refer to a disassembly video.
- careful not to strip the screws, I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to get extras from that specific manufacturer.
3. Wash the knife in soap and water, and dry it out completely. Then repeat steps 1 and 2.
4. Use your Google machine and search for "Ruike p801 disassembly" and look at the videos.
5. Disassemble the knife, make sure that none of the bearings are siezed, make sure all of the surfaces are smooth, then reinstall, putting a drop of lubricant on the bearings and the detent hole.

Ideally you can do step one and be done with it. Realistically steps 1 and 2 should solve your problem.

Have fun!

I had P801 that was squeaking as well. Easily fixed by putting a drop of lube onto the detent ball and then turning it around a bit.

Disassemble, clean, lube and then reassemble. Do your homework on the disassembly before you do it though. Nick Shabazz has a ton of these types of videos on YouTube and I believe he has one for the P-801SF.

Yeah do all that first. This what I did.
  • Sand & polish frame protective washers (1500 & 2000 grit paper)
  • Clean & lubed bearings (firearm grease)
  • Polished & lubed blade tang (where detent & bearings ride, same grits as above)
  • Created detent ramp on tang
  • Tweaked the lock bar a hair (I mean the actual width of a human hair)
Extra: 20 lpi jimping on back of frame & firearm grip tape all over (traction issues)

After all that...best flipper in the collection. The collection consists of two flippers...lol.

I had a Kershaw Emerson that had a squeaky metal to metal sound. The knife functioned fine but the sound was still annoying.

Back