Rule # 9 again on Navy NCIS

Man I love this show!!! Tonight, Kate is in the house of the son of an escaped prisoner. They think he will come to see his son. They are right, he gets the drop on Kate and ties her to a chair. The agent stationed outside calls Kate on the radio, and when he doesn't receive an answer he comes in the house to check on things. He sees her tied to the chair, moves behind her, and the camera moves in to show him use a fully serrated Spyderco Delica to cut her free!! This show rocks! Almost every week they show the good guys using a knife as a tool. Gotta love it! :D

Flinx

Now, can you identify the shotgun she used to blow his car windows out as he was escaping?

I'm not as much a shotgun guy, as a knife guy; but I would guess a Mossberg 500 with forearm pistol-grip? I saw the grip and the Surefire mount under the barrel. :confused:

Flinx

Flinx said:
Man I love this show!!! Tonight, Kate is in the house of the son of an escaped prisoner. They think he will come to see his son. They are right, he gets the drop on Kate and ties her to a chair. The agent stationed outside calls Kate on the radio, and when he doesn't receive an answer he comes in the house to check on things. He sees her tied to the chair, moves behind her, and the camera moves in to show him use a fully serrated Spyderco Delica to cut her free!! This show rocks! Almost every week they show the good guys using a knife as a tool. Gotta love it! :D

Flinx

I am beginning to wonder if Don Belisario the producer or someone involved with the show reads these forums????

The positive knife usage does seem to increase the more we talk about the show on Blade Forums????

I attended a cast/crew party / softball game for NCIS this weekend. I have never seen a single episode but I can say a few things for the way the cast works.

Belisario is ex military and loves to be around others of the same like. He just has a thing for the military personna. Hince most of his shows are of a military nature. That being the case, most of the cast, crew and technical advisors know a great deal about the knife/gun world. Don't be too surprised to see a few high end custom knives in future episodes.;).

Can't forget that Belisario was the producer for Magnum PI :~) I loved that show as a kid. I'd always watch it with my dad.
-pb

patrickb said:
Can't forget that Belisario was the producer for Magnum PI :~) I loved that show as a kid. I'd always watch it with my dad.
-pb

Me to..I keep hoping that since Thomas Magnum rejoined the Navy in the series finale that MAYBE someday T. Selleck will do a cameo on J.A.G. or N.C.I.S. as Magnum.

I have heard that his and Belisario have a strong friendship so I keep hoping...Admiral Magnum...sounds cool!

I didn't watch "Magnum" as a kid, but as a middle-aged man with a teenaged son, but I still loved it. I am still particularly taken with the last couple of shows where they were tying things up and when he finds that he has a daughter to look after and re-ups in the Navy, which was always his love.

Edited to add that it is nice to see a tv show where the good guys use kives and where a knife can be just a tool. How many of you remember the Buffy show where Oz whips out a Delica to strip a couple of wires for his guitar amp?

Remember?!? Heck, I caught that Buffy just a couple of weeks ago on the WB! Seth Green rocks! :p

Flinx

The Last Confederate said:
Me to..I keep hoping that since Thomas Magnum rejoined the Navy in the series finale that MAYBE someday T. Selleck will do a cameo on J.A.G. or N.C.I.S. as Magnum.

I have heard that his and Belisario have a strong friendship so I keep hoping...Admiral Magnum...sounds cool!

I have a feeling that J.A.G. only has a year or two left in it. :( I think a cameo by Admiral Magnum would be really cool for the series finale. Maybe it would soften the blow of losing M.A.C, oh, I mean J.A.G. :D :D

Back