Russian Damascus Knives

kancler

Hi guys!

Finally, I got some pictures of our new knives with Damascus blades.

We are offering 3 types of Damascus - traditional, Hybrid and stainless.

Sorry, but all pictures are still raw images. I didn't have time to finalize them yet.

All knives will be available for sale on rusknives.com exclusively. Or of course if you are interested send me email :).

FOX-1

Traditional Damascus.

Dombay

Traditional Damascus

Rescuer-1

Stainless Damascus

Last edited:
Artybash

Hybrid Damascus

Chieftain

Hybrid Damascus

Katran

traditional Damascus

Russian-3

traditional Damascus

Wild Boar

traditional Damascus

Please feel free to ask any questions! :thumbup:

Those are some nice looking knives!

Do you know when they will be available and what the prices will be? The rescuer-1 and russian-3 both have my eye! :)

They will be available in a few days.

Price, for example, for Russian3 - $250

Rescuer1- $275

Last edited:
Guys, come on:(
you went far enough for damascus blades, might as well go for nicer handles and sheath

PS what's the hardness on those blades?

We always use birch bark, nodule, walnut or leather - only natural material. We make nice handles- a lot of people like them.
Did you touch our knives, do you have one? All our knives are working knives for practical use. If you need knives for your collection with fancy handles - order form custom art knives section on russianknives.com or artknives.com :)

You can always order custom sheath if you like your knife. I have some contacts.

Last edited:
I didn't say use different materials - no need to get defensive. One can still use bark and wood to produce much better looking handles. Somehow RA doesn’t want to do it. And why would you want to skip extra revenue from an option on better sheath?

again. You are the only one who think handles are not nice. Did you try them? According to all of your posts you like Benchmade and Kershaw only ;)

about sheath...

All new knives have new type sheath. ROSarms got new subcontractor and new sheathes are made of premium leather 2.5 mm thick.

come to the Blade Show West. were you will have a chance to see and touch our knives.

About why we do not supply hi-end sheathes- -trying to keep coast reasonable... Dollar is too cheap right now and import is sucks :( but export is great :)

Last edited:
No, not again. I did not say that handles aren't nice or comfy. Don't make an assumption. I just said that they could be nicer. That's all. Thank you for invitation, but I've seen and used your knives. Kizlyar, AiR and NOKS as well.

I do prefer Benchmade:)

and by my screen name you can guess which fixed I prefer:D

could be.. agree. We are always working on improvement...

What exactly would you suggest?

and by my screen name you can guess which fixed I prefer:D

yes Benya :) "Russians" always compliant about Russian product... :)

I'm doing it too, once in a wile ;)

Beauty of these knives - blades. ROSarms doesn't make Damascus. They are buying it from professional private blacksmiths .

could be.. agree. We are always working on improvement...
What exactly would you suggest?

Well, since you asked:)

Blades indeed do look very nice, perhaps you could introduce "exotic" woods from Russia, there are few of those, not know in NA. There is always an option of a full tang.

yes Benya :) "Russians" always compliant about Russian product... :)

I'm doing it too, once in a wile ;)

Beauty of these knives - blades. ROSarms doesn't make Damascus. They are buying it from professional private blacksmiths .

Well... what else is there else to complain? RosArms:)
At this point you are a flagship of russian knives in NA.
If you went as far as contracting russian blacksmiths vs. buying ready made
Damascus from Pakistan/India - why not come up with different looking handles and make a class of knives between bare users and shelf knives?
By the way, I suppose names of those blacksmiths are on NTK basis?

Last edited:
So, what's the hardness for different types?
Regardless, they look very nice.

Nice Vlad! Sharp looking D-Blades.

About the sheaths some mentioned in this post ... My old Ros Arms sheaths weren't the best. They were thin and were basic working sheaths.
I bought three new knives from Vlad...... Cliff, Federal-Super and a Recuer1M and they all have a new thicker, better quality sheaths. I'm very happy with this.
As far as the handles go, these are the most comfy grips I've had in hand. All my buddies agree. They fit *everyones* hands and are attractive. The Birch Bark is durable, VERY DURABLE!
The leather grips are second to none! These leather grips are not thrown together with cheap leather rings and pressed into place. They hand wrapped and are are done by craftsman who are very good at what they do.

Handsome knives and they take abuse!

I'd like to see some full tang blades in a scandi grind from Ros Arms. You'd sell out on these very fast.

I have to side with loon ,the first sheaths needed some improvement but now they are excellent. I love the handles although i have not had a birchbark one yet.

The sheaths for the 2 blades I have are nice...not custom work, but when you look at some of the sheaths you get for more expensive blades....these are excellent!!!! I would rather buy more knife than sheath anyway.....and a +1 to the trying out birch bark. I need to give it a try.

Back