Rustproof Nail Clippers?

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I tend to clip my nails in the shower, and store my clippers in the bathroom as a result. And of course, the number one cause of my needing to buy new nail clippers is that they rust out on me. Yesterday it occurred to me that I would gladly pay several times the price of regular nail clippers for a nice sturdy pair constructed of LC200N. It wouldn't hurt if they were made by Spyderco. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

P.S. While typing this post up I did a quick internet search, and I see the idea of Spyderco nail clippers has come up before!

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=38602

They already put an lc200n blade in a rocks glass which i plan on getting.

Id happily buy any non-knife items Spyderco makes.

Don't store them in the humidity... on a different note; got these stainless steel clippers for my best friend (38 years & counting :) )as a Christmas stocking stuffer and she's over the moon about them.

SEKI EDGE 2-PIECE GROOMING KIT

Don't store them in the humidity...

You are right, of course, but sometimes convenience defeats prudence. :oops:

on a different note; got these stainless steel clippers for my best friend (38 years & counting :) )as a Christmas stocking stuffer and she's over the moon about them.

SEKI EDGE 2-PIECE GROOMING KIT

I saw those in the thread I linked in my OP, and I looked them up on eBay, found them, and instantly pulled the trigger. I would still be pretty jazzed if Spyderco made some rustproof clippers, though. Something I can use while deep sea diving ( :p ).

I've got the Seki Edge clippers... but rarely use them. This is going to sound weird, especially here, but they're too sharp. I found it takes (ME) more time to do my nails with them, because I have to file them afterwards...something I almost never felt a need to do before.

I cut my nails in the shower, and then I wash my hair, using vigorous enough lathering action to file my nails smooth.

I do enjoy a nice pair of nail clippers and have several sets. I clip my nails outside while walking around in my yard. I’d love and pay a premium for Spyderco LC200N clippers as well. Also a second pair to keep with my fishing tackle.

Back