Rusty, here's your sun, moon and stars pix.

Commentary is all yours, Rusty.

Attachments

• rusty\'s sun, moon, stars - 2.jpg
    rusty\'s sun, moon, stars - 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 304
One of several Sanu forward curvings. This one came already named by the kamis though - Surya, Chandra, Tara ( Sun, Moon, and Stars ). I refer to the markings as "forge engraved".

Thought it should be preserved for posterity ( it was, but then came the photopoint crash ).

This is the one I referred to as making me feel like Arthur Pendragon upon his pulling Excallibur from the stone.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bura is the best kami at Birghorka, and that his quality is truly consistent. Day in, day out, Sanu can usually come pretty close. But ( as Uncle has said ) when Sanu is on a roll, nobody matches him.

It's a beautiful khukuri -- if only it didn't take half a day to get it out of the scabbard!!!!!!!!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'll have to add this to my "got to have" list:D

Very beautiful!!!!

He did one run of half a dozen or a dozen, then none since. I think it's time to have him do another run of the forge engraved ones, no matter what the size or shape of them is.

Even a blade long pattern on the upper third of the blade next to the spine would make a very special khuk.

It ought to be, and probably will end up in a museum - eventually.

When things are clicking for him nobody can make a better khukuri than Sanu. I guess that's why he's filling in for Bura right now.

God permitting that Bura comes back to work, once he does, get on Sanu to do more forge engraved khuks.

How much did that run normally? Does it up the price much for them ot make something like that?

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Who remembers with something like that you absolutely ache to possess?

I DARE you to send it to Cliff Stamp!

How long? weight?

Kis:eek:
:rolleyes:

We're all in this together, somehow

Cliff might refuse to test that knife due to the way he tests but if he did test it I'm betting it would pass with flying colors.

1) Let Cliff Stamp buy his own. This one is mine, mine, all mine, and it's going to stay that way.

2) If you had a Playboy Playmate standing nekkid in front of you the first thing you'd do is reach for a tape measure? I don't think so!

Regarding # 1: laughing VERY hard.

Regarding # 2: I'll have you know I've HAD a Playmate in front of me.
The first thing I did was take out the staples.

Beautiful Blade. Congratulations.

Kis
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
How much did that run normally? Does it up the price much for them ot make something like that?

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

I printed off a pic of one similar that came with a gorgeous white leather scabbard.
Bill sold it for a measely $175.00!!!!
I still kick my ass for not getting that one and I could have had it!!!!:( :mad:
Maybe I can scan it and post a pic but I don't know how it will turn out.
Gotta go run an errand right away, I might try it when I get back.

Back