Rusty Polk Knives - Opinions Sought

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone here have any experience or own a long bladed knife or short sword made by Rusty Polk?

I recently was attempting to secure a commission with a particularly talented knife maker for a custom short sword of my own design for use in my Kali studies, but my original choice of knifemakers for the project is taking an extended period of time off to pursue some creative goals. In light of his packed schedule he suggested Rusty, but I have no personal experience with his work.

The primary trait I am looking for in the short sword is that lively yet neutral balance you find in a long (10-12 inches) bladed Crowell or Walker fighting Bowie knife. Many makers can do swords on the side, but they often seem to end up being a rather unweildy monster that balances more like a heavy bladed axe than a sword.

Any and all opinions are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

- Anthony

Thank you for the suggestion, but the sword I am wanting to have made is not a Filipino design, but is my idea of the perfect sword for my use in Kali. It may not be perfect for everyone, but it will work for me.

- Anthony

I met Rusty last year at the Spirit of Steel show.

orig.jpg

He had a number of really nice bowies at very reasonable prices.

orig.jpg

He was also one of the few contestants who entered the cutting competition using a presentation grade bowie - a stag S-guard - very cool.

orig.jpg

I don't know what experience he has with swords, but it would be easy enough tell him what you have in mind and see what he has to say about it. Doesn't cost you anything to ask.

Roger

Rusty was at the SOS show this year as well. Very nice man to talk to and yes, his prices are extremely reasonable. I think that if you should decide to go with Rusty, you will not be sorry.

Cerberus

I know Rusty and he will do you a good job with what you require.
I reccommend him highly.

Back