S - L - O - W R - E - S - P - O - N - S - E

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Spark, the forums seem particularly slow as of late, is it a Server problem?

Thanks,
G2

We're getting hammered by script kiddies looking to root our server. Stats are showing an amazing amount of scripts hitting, looking for misc Windoze files, which is funny because we're running Linux. Ah well...

I've got a tech looking at it but for right now there isn't much we can do.

Kevin

I've also noticed this s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s, but I thought it might have been either my POS 'puter, or that the 'net was just very busy, but the other web-sites that I visit load pretty quickly...It looks like BladeForums' server is having a heart-attack again...:(.

NURSE...2 amps IC of eppy, and 250 watt/sec on the defib...We're going to have to jump-start...CLEAR!!...ZAP.:D.

NURSE...2 amps IC of eppy, and 250 watt/sec on the defib...We're going to have to jump-start...CLEAR!!...ZAP.

:D :D I was afraid my new computer had a problem.

G2 - Thanks for asking that question! I thunk it was my computer or I wasn't pounding the keys hard & fast enough!:D

Very Slow here too.
It's been taking me about 15 minutes to post a simple reply in a thread, and get back out. :(

This is getting worse and worse. It seems that things move slower and slower every day. This is going to become a real problem in the not to distant future. I have ADSL and things are really slow. I have no idea how bad it is for those that only have a 56K modem.

Agree with Keith. Slow for the past couple days, but much worse today. :(

Third time I have tried to post this. Hope it works this time. :grumpy:

Originally posted by Keith Montgomery
This is getting worse and worse. It seems that things move slower and slower every day. This is going to become a real problem in the not to distant future. I have ADSL and things are really slow. I have no idea how bad it is for those that only have a 56K modem.
I have a 56K dial-up where the BEST I can get is 45,333 and sometimes BladeForums loads so slow for me that I can go eat a meal, help my wife with the dishes, and by the time that I get back to my 'puter, the page STILL hasn't finished loading!.:(.

Should be faster now - tweaked some code...

Kevin

Think how much faster the server would fly if we all stuck to only discussing knives...

Not politics, and cars, and goats, and, and...ad nauseum :rolleyes:

Mel

--obligatory knife content-- "I think knifes(sic) are sharp"

Back