s30v Delica - another run?

Does anyone have any insight as to if Spyderco will be doing anymore runs (exclusive/sprints) of a s30v Delica? I slept on the Zome yellow/green Delica and wish I hadn't. I am more interested in the blade steel rather than the frn handle colors. I was apprehensive about buying that edition as the handle colors were not my preference but now realize I should have bought a few and just swapped out the handles to black frn.

I thought about the wharncliffe. I have one in VG10. While a great utility shape. I still prefer the standard blade profile (especially when closed).

I know you aren't looking to get another wharncliff but man its pretty awesome, if you can't track down the Zome it might be worth a look

I, for one, would like to see more s30v Delica exclusives and whatnot, but judging by the traffic in this thread, there may not be much interest. It certainly isn't the "super steel" it once was, tho I do like it.

An M390 Delica/Endura would be a crazy success I think.

At $40 more than a PM2 it's a bit expensive but yes that would look great. Maybe a run of 1200 run would bring down the cost to a much more affordable level.

I'm actually so blown away with the price point of the S30V Wharn Delica that I kinda don't understand why S30V isn't just the default.

VG-10 will probably be standard as long as they're made in Seki City. All the current hot high-end stainless steels are European or American.

VG-10 will probably be standard as long as they're made in Seki City. All the current hot high-end stainless steels are European or American.
I'm just saying with a price that's within $10 of each other why would you use VG10 other than Japan requires it

I'm just saying with a price that's within $10 of each other why would you use VG10 other than Japan requires it

Because the Delica is a mass market knife, not an afi model. The same average Joe's who are using 420HC, AUS8 and 8cr13 and who are quite happy with the toughness and ease of sharpening. The average consumer is also very price conscious and while $10 may not seem like a lot to us knife geeks for the mass market it can be the difference between buying one knife or the other.

I hope Spyderco does more runs of S30V in the Seki knives because I do agree with you, the upcharge is minimal for a significant upgrade. I would eagerly buy a Stretch in S30V. :)

I agree from a price standpoint, I'm just saying that there really isn't a reason other than they basically have to use Japanese steel.

I did the same thing. Waited and waited on the s30v delica until it was to late and I missed out. I do have an s30v wharncliffe version that I love.

But really would like to see more s30v standard d4’s.

If they're married to VG-10 and an occasional laminated sprint because the Delica is made in Japan, then Spyderco should come up with a "new model” that’s remarkably similar to the Delica, with a M390 blade and G-10 scales and make it in Golden. They could call it the Goldelica. I don’t think they could make them fast enough to keep them on the shelves.

Back