S35VN Steel Change Question?

There are several topics asking questions about this. Most of them regarding the actual differences in the steels. I didn't want to hijack any of those, so I started this one.

I'm more interested in the grinds of the new knives. The S35VN Recon1s I've seen have the flat grind that we saw on the FDE models last year. Will all the S35VN knives have that same treatment? I'm particularly looking at you American Lawman. I'd prefer it if the S35VN version retained the flat grind used on the FDE model.

I asked cold steel about this a few months ago, this isn’t exclusive to s35vn model as some of the older xhp models also have flatgrind. Basically all new recon 1 and lawman will have flatgrind blade going forward. It’s more common for fde right now because they are new 2018 version, the rest will catch up as the old stocks get depleted.
Btw ultimate hunter also has slight change in its grind, you can compare the difference by searching for the image of the black one va the orange one.

^^Never noticed that before, thanks for pointing it out. Anyone know if that modified grind is only on the orange models or will it eventually be the standard for all?

^^Never noticed that before, thanks for pointing it out. Anyone know if that modified grind is only on the orange models or will it eventually be the standard for all?
Cold steel confirmed that the new ultimate hunter grind will be standard for black version too(orange already has new grind), it's probably harder to find since there are still old stocks out there with the old grind.

Do you know if that change would also coincide with a steel change from XHP to S35V for the black version?

Back