Saddleback Large Wallet vs. Medium Wallet

Josh K

Platinum Member
Through the kindness of a forum member here I have been toting around a Saddleback Large Wallet in lieu of my Standard Medium wallet. I have a couple of notes.

Medium
Perfect standard wallet. Thick, but will conform over time. Simple six card slides and two "under" pockets as well as bill space. This is a great all around wallet. It gets a mite thick when you start adding "extra stuff" to it – receipts, cards you never use, lots of singles, stacks of business cards.

Large
Ever handled the All-Ett standard wallet? This is it, but with two "under" pockets and made out of standard thick leather. I wasn't sure size wise if it would work, but so far it has. This makes it very easy to carry around the "extra stuff" and so far I like it. My one complaint is the card slide orientation. The slides all point to the fold, which means to get a card out the wallet has to at least fully open, and often it has to be more then fully. If the pockets were vertical slides it would work much better. It would also work better if the slides were pointed outside, so extracting a card could be done without even opening the wallet.

I have the ALL-ETT Original in leather and love it!!! My first one was stolen about 1 1/2 year ago. I ordered this one a few days later.

I have the ALL-ETT Original in leather and love it!!! My first one was stolen about 1 1/2 year ago. I ordered this one a few days later.

I couldn't get used to the flimy feeling of the All-Ett wallets. Sure they were thin, but I couldn't get anything in or out of them.

I ordered the medium in tobacco. I also ordered a small to try out. Hopefully they will be here by the end of the week.

I've carried the medium for the past day and a half. Love it. After some break-in time, it will be perfect.

I just got my medium wallet in the mail last week, and it is perfect. I can't imagine carrying a larger one in my back pocket though. :eek:

I just got my medium wallet in the mail last week, and it is perfect. I can't imagine carrying a larger one in my back pocket though. :eek:
If you're speaking of the bi-folds... if you carry a lot of cards, the larger one carries thinner.

Back