Saddleback Small Satchel

nyefmaker

Gold Member
First Post here on the Saddleback. Shame on me for not even knowing we had one as I Live on the CRK page.....lol.

Thinking of purchasing the Saddleback Small Satchel. Watched the videos and such from Dave. Torn between the small and medium. Would not be putting tons in it. Its mainly for work for phone chargers, hats, ice cleats in the winter, small umbrella, etc. I seen in the video he is able to put 3 ipads in the small ( I do have an ipad )....lol, so seems to be lots of room. I dont want anything big and noticeable as I like more discrete things, so thats why I was leaning towards the small. I carry a filson wool small field bag from time to time, but think this would be better all around and even that seems big at times.

Thoughts from you guys/gals that have em....??? This would be my first Saddleback Leather Piece, so asking you experienced owners what ya think...???

Last edited:
I was thinking along the same lines, and will go for a medium. It does not appear that much larger than the small, but quite a bit smaller than the large. I am currently using a front pocket briefcase and just want to go smaller. I need to carry my I pad, a kindle, charger, folder for work papers , a notebook and pocket calendar for work, a small flashlight, and multitool.

I bought what was supposed to be a medium from an e bay vendor, and what he sent was a small. That thing is really small. I quickly packed it back up and returned it. It probably would fit three bare iPads, but not much more. It probably would make a nice larger purse for a lady who likes to carry a lot of stuff.

Back