sak - behind the scenes

I came over from FB to see this thread, glad i did, nice to see the guts of a sak! I think sak liners lock are very clever in the way they afford such an extended contact surface between liner and butt of the blade, I wonder why other maker didn't figure out the advantage of this design rather to stick to the traditional straight type liner.......
Fausto

sak are an traditional swiss thing and im thankfully to be able to work as an swiss with this swiss heritage.

from outside an sak dont look that complex but if you study my infos and pics closley you see it is complex.

since the blade show, we test 2 spl sak blades, theyr hrc on the edge is way higher than an standart blade and i hope we get that advantage approved.

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

there will be also an black alox farmer spl run for +B, this time we will have the silver logo on them.

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

this is an article from mr brunner, the firesteel sak man, regarding the different timeframe and stamps on the swiss army alox soldier sak.

IMG_1648.jpg

old red alox pioneer settler

Do you know any way to get a Centurion with a one-handed blade?
If you want it with the clip, bot not Phillips, Swissbianco has one listed on eBay
If you want one with the Phillips, bot no clip (basically OH Trekker minus the saw), send Swissboanco an e-mail, he may be able to put it together for you. I guess, you can also get it with the red/black dual density scales.

I like that one hander with just the front tools. I think they should make more with the clip. Is that a Victorinox warrantied factory item?
adam

I like that one hander with just the front tools. I think they should make more with the clip. Is that a Victorinox warrantied factory item?
adam
As far as I know, this particular combination was hand-pened by Swissbianco (from brand new factory parts, including pins). Because of that, i would not be warrantied by the factory. Other special Swissbianco models (e. g. Yeoman, and all of the alox line) are factory assemled and carry a lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
either way or warranty, you should never have any problem. the way how i assemble the sak its like in the factory by hand. there is no much inbetween ;)

One of the best threads ever! Thanks for sharing!

Sir, i can't imagine your personal collection, i think you have all Victorinox has made and all your mind has imagined and of course all you wish Victorinox made.
Thank you for share this.

thanks for your kind words.

it dones not matter how many sak or else somebody has. i did start like you, buy one, actually my first ones i got as gift, used silver and red alox soldiers, broken tips etc, but it was a start and i used them alot.

if i would not be grown up in switzerland and later had dealerprices and friendship with an few people in ibach and delemont i sure would not have many sak in my collection, with is for study, exhibition and of course personal too, since i sure love what i do, help create an marvel.

at the coming blade show, we will handassemble some sak at the +B booth and make pic and video, will post here.

another problem is storage/display of sak, there was an idea of create an spl case, witch could be used for transport, display & storage of sak in an proper, nice way. no more tacklebox "style". will post as its ready this summer.

Back