sak gift help?

I'm looking for a knife as a gift for a friend. She is scared of my leatherman and magnum but she thinks sak's are cute. I'm thinking of something practical like a camper or climber, but I would require it to be a bit more robust than a normal sak.

I looked at the buck summit but the blade would scare her away.

I would also like to spend more than $20-$40 on a gift for someone who has most certainly saved my life.

maybe a custom job on a camper. Does anybody do custom sak's? Better steel and carbon fiber scales or something. in pink.

Comments would be very much appreciated as I do not know multitools that well.

Scared of a Leatherman ? Has she seen a Juice already ? :)
Show her a red one (or any brightly colored perhaps); knowing girls, I wouldn't be surprised if she likes the small Leathermans more than a SAK.

If you want a classy-looking SAK check out the alox models. The Farmer is the largest of them, but still fairly slim, and one of the all-time great survival knives. The Cadet is slightly shorter, a lot slimmer, and qualifies nicely as a gentlemen's knife.

You can use my Swiss Army Knife Selector to find the exact combination of features you want.

There are plenty of folks who make customized SAKs. The best place to ask about that would be over in the KnifeForums SOSAK (Secret Order of the Swiss Army Knife) area. You will have to apply to get access, but the process is simple and turnaround is generally quick.

My wife and I both have wooden-scaled SAKs on order. Mine is a cocobolo Deluxe Tinker and hers is a Purpleheart Super Tinker.

--Bob Q

alot of the SAK classics have fancy "girlie" colors and patterns. I remember there are pink colored, constellation (leo, libra, cancer, etc), and flower patterned classics out there.

I know alot of these guys won't agree but I would go ahead and get one of the locked blade models with Red Slabs like the Outrider model. Also I gave my wife a Leatherman Wave and she liked it until she started using my new Blast Model and she loves it because it is very light and has all the tools she needs. Hope this helps out!

the sak selector rocks!

Unfortunetly it hasn't helped me much.

I already found the "Miss A" knives. They are still too inexpensive. maybe as an extra though.

Back