Sak/multitool & EDC

spoons-a.jpg

Leatherman Juice KF4 + Victorinox Compact = almost perfect.

Almost... Nothing is truly perfect, but it's pretty 🤬ing close.
spoons-b.jpg

It's a crying shame that the KF4 is so rare now, otherwise this would be my EDC. The KF4 was discontinued with the Gen1 Juice models. There's no Gen2 version of it.

So I made this knifeless custom SAK build to pair with my Leatherman Rebar:
spoons.jpg

The little red custom SAK has exactly what my Rebar was missing, and nothing more. It has scissors and a corkscrew. That's all. It's only 1 layer. It has no knife or any other extra tools. The scales do have the ink pen slot, and I did also add a mini screwdriver to the corkscrew, but that's it.

I carry what fits comfortably in my pockets and clips to my keys. I don't normally like to use holsters and organizers and such. My keys are getting pretty bulky though. It's embarrassing how much crap I have on there. I can't bring myself to trim any of it down though. I do have it set up to easily split off just my keys, or quickly split things into smaller subgroups, and then quickly join them all back together later.
I've been looking for the KF4 for sometime and they command a good price on the secondary market. The time will come when I pick one up for the right price. Of the original Juice series it checks the right boxes for me :thumbsup:

Some of my EDC changes but the one thing that never does is a Charge Tti in a Skinth Mshield. The Skinths are far and away the best belt sheaths I've ever seen for a leatherman.

I've been looking for the KF4 for sometime and they command a good price on the secondary market. The time will come when I pick one up for the right price. Of the original Juice series it checks the right boxes for me :thumbsup:
Best of luck to you in finding a good deal.

I would try to discourage you. If you get one in good condition then you won't be able to carry it because it's too nice. If you get one that's only a little beat up, you won't feel so bad about carrying it but you'll probably still feel like you paid too much for what it is. If you get one that's really beat up then what's the point? And why did you pay so much for it?

I think it's really not worth getting one at this point unless you're a collector or you're a big fan of the specific model. I'm definitely not a collector of Leathermans, but I am a fan of the Juice KF4. That's one of the main reasons why I got mine. I'd definitely love to have another one to EDC, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it.

Best of luck to you in finding a good deal.

I would try to discourage you. If you get one in good condition then you won't be able to carry it because it's too nice. If you get one that's only a little beat up, you won't feel so bad about carrying it but you'll probably still feel like you paid too much for what it is. If you get one that's really beat up then what's the point? And why did you pay so much for it?

I think it's really not worth getting one at this point unless you're a collector or you're a big fan of the specific model. I'm definitely not a collector of Leathermans, but I am a fan of the Juice KF4. That's one of the main reasons why I got mine. I'd definitely love to have another one to EDC, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it.
Nope I only buy when it makes sense to me. Fair condition is what I'm after, I use my tools and if it serve's my purpose I'll buy. It's never to much if your happy to pay the price.

Probably my most used, yep a bumbag.
When I take the dog out. I only take the essentials, classic with keys, phone & the just in case bag. Nothing in my pockets So it's seen a lot of use out before 7am today, get all the jobs done early, 100+ today. I'll be hiding indoors after lunch😊
IMG20230306101610.jpg

Probably my most used, yep a bumbag.
When I take the dog out. I only take the essentials, classic with keys, phone & the just in case bag. Nothing in my pockets So it's seen a lot of use out before 7am today, get all the jobs done early, 100+ today. I'll be hiding indoors after lunch😊
Sadly it's cool on my side of the Divide mate. Summer is over here. Anything under 30°c (86°f) is jumper weather as far as I'm concerned. 🥶
Mitch, I hope you don't get any bad storms with the heat

I put the pocket clip back on the p4, pocket carry for it. Bunny in belt pouch. Light hat for a hot day.
IMG_20230311_101550.jpg
Oh yeah new wrist strap. I have a fussed wrist with ti plate & I hate hitting it so I normally have something over it.

Last edited:
As I have the Lombard in my pocket. I wanted spirit on my belt but I didn't want to use clip sheath on my new tooled belt. So I was going through my stash & come across this stingray 1 I've had for years. To my surprise spirit fits very well, has magnet closure. The things you find😊 If the wife asks, I only have a couple😉
IMG20230323094821.jpg

Back