Sak question

Is there a model that has just a blade and bottle opener? Don't really need all the other tools.

Bantam (in production) and alox Bantam (discontinued). Both are 84mm SAKs.

may I ask why the alox bantam was discontinued? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for one and am having no luck.
id be willing to trade my left pinky finger for a mint condition one if anyone is interested. :p

may I ask why the alox bantam was discontinued? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for one and am having no luck.
id be willing to trade my left pinky finger for a mint condition one if anyone is interested. :p

Subsidiary question: why doesn't swissbianco make any? I'm sure he has a good reason but i can't figure it out

The Waiter is a better choice, you can carry the little eyeglass screwdriver inside the corkscrew.

I would love a 93mm Alox single layer Blade and Bottle opener knife .
Maybe someone like SwissBianco could do a run of these . I have a Pruner and all it would take is to swap the pruner blade for the bottle opener .
They would make a perfect knife to tote at a BBQ .

Ken

If you look on every ones favorite auction site you can find them for sale. That is if you want to wait for it to be shipped from Europe. That's what I did.
Side note, i totally would buy a zombie green 93 mm large alox bantam.

Sadly, Victorinox does not make a combo tool or a bottle opener to go opposite the main blade on a 93mm SAK. Modding the combo tool from 91mm is, of course, out of the question for factory-assembled SAKs with lifetime warranty.

bantamelectrician002.jpg

Last edited:

no links

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look on every ones favorite auction site you can find them for sale. That is if you want to wait for it to be shipped from Europe. That's what I did.
Side note, i totally would buy a zombie green 93 mm large alox bantam.

Yup, me too a few weeks ago. It arrived surprisingly fast.

I was a little disappointed when the Bantam arrived. Its a handsome little knife, but its hard to get a hold of and not as robust as the other alox knives. It gets carried when I am in dress clothes around town, but I wouldn't head off to the lake for a day of fishing with it.

Back