Sal, Why is the Matriarch marked LEO only yet Civilian available to all?

At SFO, there is a Matriarch displayed and marked LEO only. It didn't appear to be an auto. Is it because of the limited availability of Civilians and the relative inexpense of the Matriarch? Are there ANY Spydie autos BTW?

John
colobbfan

------------------
I've had more paper cuts than cuts from knives, but the knives are QUICKLY gaining!

Thanks Alan!
Sorry, I never caught that thread before! It answered my question!
John
colobbfan

------------------
I've had more paper cuts than cuts from knives, but the knives are QUICKLY gaining!

Well, after that discussion, the german site toolshop.de not only restricted the sale of the matriarch but also that of the civilian. Too bad, I always wanted to add that one to the collection but now I would have to pay substantially more at my local knifeshop. Too bad that the internet does not allow one to distinguish between responsible collectors and irresponsible people.

Mr Blonde - That is always the difficult question. I wish I knew the answer.

sal

I came to realize, after reading the thread, that Spyderco / Sal did the RESPONSIBLE thing by limiting the Matriarch's availability. It was pointed out that, compared to the average knife buyer, a rich drug dealer / criminal can afford a Civilan anytime and many times over. But, the lower priced Matriarch is much easier for the "black hat" to "lose" to a LEO if pulled over, for example. The BG can lose 4 - 5 Matriarchs for the price of a Civilian.
John Row
colobbfan

------------------

Back