SALE: Discontinued Items

I can not believe they are discontinuing black leather. I've got a wallet, backpack, & duffel, and might have gotten more down the road. I don't know how much leather I'll be buying ever, from anyone, that isn't black. Sometimes I really wonder what they're thinking.

They're switching to a different kind of black leather finish is all, I believe due to requirements from military customers. "Carbon black" is being discontinued but black leather products will still be offered.

This is a little complicated, so read sloooooowly. We will no longer be making most of our designs in any color or type of black leather. And, we are completely discontinuing the current Carbon Black that we switched to just over a year ago. But in case anybody asks you 30 years from now where you got a Saddleback Leather bag made with that leather, you can tell them that it was only in production from July 2013 until September 2014. We are going to start using a new solid black leather only for some briefcases and a few other designs. Our military friends have told us that they must carry a solid black briefcase and it’s discouraging that they can’t carry anything we make because of the tough black we are using now. That’s been bothering me.

This is disappointing to me too. Black is my favorite color they offer. I have their small bifold in the original jet black they discontinued, and now I carry their credit card sleeve in carbon. I love the carbon color. It doesn't surprise me that black isn't the best selling color. I think most people want to get that patina look on their tobacco or coffee brown colors. But it sucks all the same. I've been patiently waiting for weeks for them to get more carbon tow belts in stock and now I find out they're discontinuing the color. Bummer...

Back