SALE! Five 12" Behemoth Choppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Behold The Behemoth Chopper. It took a long damn time but here it is, the final production BC.

This thread will unlock at 3:00 eastern time

Due to limited quantities please limit one per post.

The 12" Behemoth Chopper is a large high performance cutting tool that incorporates what we've learned in our collaborations with Lorien Arnold and Dan Keffeler and learned from the handle, grind geometry and weight distribution optimization of several years of chopper development. This is the largest knife we've ever offered and the highly refined design and heat treat represents some of our best work. I feel this is one of the best, state of the art, large high performance knives made.

They're made of CPM 3V at HRC 60.5 with the Delta heat treat protocol that I believe is the finest heat treat for this material available anywhere. This is an exceptional knife with a combination of toughness and edge retention that will blow your mind.

The blade grind geometry is based upon the work we've done with Competition Cutters. The grind angles and shallow S grind are optimized for deep penetration with good chip removal and minimal binding. And although this is a stout strong blade it is not thick or overbuilt and clunky. If your experience cutting with large choppers has been with thick heavy knives this is going to be an eye opener for you. And although not remotely competition legal, the 12" Behemoth Chopper would be very competitive on the race course.

With a generous handle offering multiple hand positions and a 1/4" thick 12" blade this is a Big Damn Knife. But it is well balanced and does not feel clunky in the hand. At 24.5 ounces it is reasonably light for it's size and could be carried in the woods or on a hike or camping, though it doesn't exactly disappear on your belt. It is somewhere between a heavy duty machete and an extra large camp knife.

The hand grip works as a heavy camp knife when held towards the front with very good balance and dexterity for its size. When held towards the back it fully fills the hand and offers control and reduced hand fatigue for extended hard chopping. Like the HDFK before it, the handle on the new BC is the product of a long iterative process of testing and development. It will impress you.

It has a forward lanyard hole (as used in competition cuts) and a hidden rear lanyard hole.

Specs:
Delta 3V, 60.5 HRC, .250 thick at ricasso (1/4")
Total length 17.75"
Blade length 12.0"
Weight 24.5 oz
Edge angle 20 DPS
.035" BTE with additional meat towards the tip.
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or TeroTuf
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Hidden lanyard

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. There are 5 knives available in this sale. The knives in the picture are not the knives you will receive. The knives need scales and sharpened. They will ship next week.

Cs4Hj1O.jpg

FmatLxL.jpg

n5Zvvy4.jpg

r2NfUXe.jpg

A9PlRCp.jpg

u8IiLRK.jpg

ndZhWG3.jpg

GiYlssV.jpg

VwWEYiL.jpg

71y9QoH.jpg

hD93dKd.jpg

GyVqiPE.jpg

The scales in the picture are all buffed. It looks nicer and it helps the geometry "read" better in the photographs, but consider ordering unbuffed for better grip.

These are all "field grade", "as machined" and stonewashed with tool and grind marks.

$580 in canvas micarta, natural or black
$590 in black linen micarta
$595 in OD green micarta
$605 in black unbuffed TeroTuf on a black micarta liner. (ugly material that works awesome)

If you want a kydex sheath with drop loop, we have the well made Mashed Cat sheath available for $85

Shipping the BC in the USA is $15.

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Jo will contact you via PM or email on Sunday or Monday. Emails though BF often get lost in spam filters. If you don't hear from her by end of day Monday please contact Jo on her PM, or send us an email at carothersknives at g mail dought com

We will have another batch of these ready out on the main sale area in two weeks.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Dibs!

I would have given my spot to Tommy Gun anyway, but sorry Tommy. No cigar for you today, well maybe! :p

Edited to add:

If those above me pass and this falls onto me by default, please give my spot to TommyGun56 TommyGun56

If Tommy doesn't want, please pass along to next. Thank you.

P.P.S. Since Donkey, er, Tommy got one, I will also pass up to next if one falls onto me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
One in black canvas micarta

Already 9 on the board before my computer refreshed:eek: Dang my puter is slow:confused:
Congrats to the first 5 :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you CPK for the chance.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back