Sale Proxy Requests

I can try double-dipping if you don't find anyone else to proxy, but I doubt it'll work.

Thanks for the offer ni1s. But I think you’re right, I don’t think double dipping will work. :thumbsup:;)

Yeah, I noticed that too! Hehe... Next time I'll have my phone ready also. ;)

Was thinking of doing that too.. first, gonna have to test if it's an account thing or a device thing ;)

Was thinking of doing that too.. first, gonna have to test if it's an account thing or a device thing ;)

You can easily test that notion, merely by trying to make immediate back-to-back posts within any thread. My money is on it being an account t thing but look forward to your final findings :)

You can easily test that notion, merely by trying to make immediate back-to-back posts within any thread. My money is on it being an account t thing but look forward to your final findings :)

Well, let's try it :)

Well I'll put my feelers out. If anyone of you speed demons can put my name in the hat for an fk2 on the next sale I'd appreciate it. Work doesn't allow me to be on my phone at 3. Plus I never have good cell service on a jobsite.

Speed demon needed!Would like someone to to proxy for me next Friday 2/4/19.I would really appreciate some help.Looking to score a new CPK field knife. Thanks WB

Wild Bill, etc...

Let me preface this by stating that the CPK sub dwellers are generally a warm bunch who really do help each other plus helping others who happen to be new faces/names on here. That said, I'm going to project / forecast some good news & bad news scenarios:

First of all, the FK2's maiden voyage sale of 40 units on the main Knifemakers section is slated for Friday 2/8/2019 at 3:00 PM EASTERN. I am not quite sure how you came up with the 4th which falls on this coming Monday but that ain't gonna be so! Secondly, the 2/8/2019 sale is planned predicated on Nathan and Crew successfully adding the newly acquired Mori machine to their existing arsenal of CNC machinery (4th one?). 5th -Nate

Now onto the bad new: I think that there are only 7 FK2s currently in the wild so there are lots of people, yours truly included, who are looking to score their own first FK2 before considering to proxy for anyone else. I have to be honest by saying that while benevolence is a great virtue self-interest aka Luv-of-thyself comes first since many of us have been waiting for a looooong time for the new iteration of the Field Knife. IIRC, Nathan had indicated positively to someone's past question / comment as to whether Nathan will be limiting one FK2 claim per post on the upcoming FK2 sale. Nathan may chime in on this issue but if limited initially to one FK2 per person, yup -Nate then your chances of getting a proxy buyer in the next planned sales, whenever those may be, will be higher :)

The good news: Nathan will probably be producing a massive load of these FK2s before he even contemplates on retiring the pattern. He may even present tweaked versions of it under the name FK3, etc... But over all I really think that there will be about a 1000 of these in the wild before he moves on from this pattern. You may even see a preorder of these at some later future point. As for myself, I am panning on getting at least 3 of these FK2s for myself before I become benevolent :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance I can get someone to proxy me for the upcoming sale of the FK2. Stationed in Germany and hard to make the time plus we have shitty internet. I can send money in advance.

Any chance I can get someone to proxy me for the upcoming sale of the FK2. Stationed in Germany and hard to make the time plus we have shitty internet. I can send money in advance.
See the post directly above yours

I have an email directly from Carothers telling me to see if I could get a proxy for the sale, so I was just taking his advice

I understand it’s a long shot, Christian from Carothers said to try and get a proxy. So I was just giving it a shot
You got this a little mixed up.
I sent you that email (including a comment about likelihood of getting a proxy this early in the sales) - so as not to clog up the other thread - and I am not with Carothers. Sorry, man.
Either way, welcome to the forum and best of luck! :)

Back