Sam Wilson Hollow Handle EDC knife - FORUM MEMBER'S PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT AND GIVE-AWAYS!!!!!!

Quick update here, blades are getting ready for grinding and heat treat. We are looking to be pretty close to on schedule, or just a tiny bit behind. But no serious bumps in the road just yet. Next week will begin cutting leather belt loops and then start the finishing process on those. Also, sorting compasses and getting prepped on that end. All good stuff!

Sam

OK, I have the final proof of the handle, and we are a go! The knurling is just deep enough to give traction, without being painful if squeezed and used for an extended period. So on the off chance you have to remove the cord wrap, you are covered. Very pleased!😎😎🔥🔥

27Nifmz.jpeg

Sam😎👌

Thank you! They are being machined as we speak! Very pleased!😎😎🔥🔥

Sam

Handles are machined and done. Caps and guards are next, and will probably take until the end of the month, for technical reasons too boring to share. Then we do anodizing. Getting there, folks! Also, I have upgraded the compass in the buttcap to a glow in the dark/luminous model, so that is a plus I feel good about. :cool::cool:

Sam

I went ahead and took all of the components and GunKoted a unit, (this one has an early buttcap, the latest ones are slightly different), just to see what we are looking at. Whoa. I am beyond pleased! The base unit with anodized handle/guard/buttcap will look slightly different finishwise, but will be very tough looking also, with the Type III anodizing. These are going to be great, guys!🔥🔥

IdmhgTH.jpeg

Sam😎

OK guys, getting down to brass tacks here. Machining is nearly done, and some parts are being anodized already, followed soon by the rest.

I have been going over this and trying to figure out the best way to make the options available to everyone, without me losing my mind and destroying my business model of having a simple product that can be made readily available to everyone through a painless checkout at the website.

At this point in time, and I would like some feedback on this, the best way I can figure to do this is to have the base model, which has the anodized guard handle and butt cap, and a GunKoted blade, ready for sale right out the door at the website.

Then, I will offer the custom shop, which will allow you to get a fully GunKoted knife, potentially pick another color of GunKote, and potentially a different color of kydex, upgraded compass, and also a satin hand sanded blade, which there has been a good bit of interest in, etc.

I don't want to mess with the pricing on the base model, and a tremendous amount of work was done to bring it in at the $300 price tag with the leather belt loop and kydex sheath included ($275 for just knife and sheath), making it a great value in my opinion, especially with all the work being done here in the U.S.

But the customized options are not cheap, as all of the upgrades require very skilled labor (me). Whether it's a hand sanded blade, or a fully GunKoted model, or whatever. So what I'm planning on doing is having the Custom Shop available and if you choose to get the upgraded finishes, you can select from several different available options.

Custom Shop models will also be marked "Custom Shop" so people will know it is a factory authorized modification. Let me know what you think. Also, pictured below is a satin blade with hand sanded flats and machine surface finished bevels in a tester handle/guard. Feedback is welcome!

sBcQDLo.jpeg

JQRsWIr.jpeg

rsc3tXw.jpeg

Sam😎⚔️

I thought it would look like the prototype with that finish on the whole knife.

I'm not sure I understand, but the standard finish is anodized guard/handle/buttcap, and GunKoted blade. This option is for those that want a satin blade.😎👌

Sam

Back