Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andersen Father/Son Set

• Hanson Firestag Bowie

• One of the others

• Total voters
The Fogg had been my favorite for a while now, but my vote now has to go to this one by Jerry Fisk.

standard.jpg

Nobody dose quite like WD Pease! That Hanson is killer as well. Really different look to the interior of the stag. I like it. The Dan Fogg is very nice, and the Newton is fantastic! Afraid I'm not of high enough pecking order here to vote. Mike

Here is an old one from my forging days! The Stright Edged Fighter with Sambar Stag
c22.jpg
. I believe i make it back in the late 80's. Mike Well OK the pic was there for a while. It is on the second part of my web site. Mike http://www.lovettknives.com/

some of my favorites are Hitchmough/Herron/McBurnette. Unfortunately I can't seem to post pics. Sorry !

The wildest (not necessarily the prettiest) stag I have ever come upon was on this series from Jim Ence I photographed for Dr. Darom's 'Custom Fixed Blades' book.

Not all are stag, but some of them had these really delicate fingers that were quite unusual. Some about 3mm tall. Very eyecatching.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Coop

Something different! ;)

Buckle knife from german maker (unfortunately forgot the name) with ATS34 blade and very nice stag.
Knife meets rattlesnake:

1024_3162306233306235.jpg

Hunting knife by german Gernot Loquai (member of german and italian knife makers guild) with RWL34 blade and nice stag:

1024_3231646535306564.jpg

Twins by Karl Andersen (KBA knives):

1024_6361386462383930.jpg

hunter by german senior knifemaker Mr. Dieter Deist:

1024_3938393535383139.jpg

1024_3239643237333837.jpg

Small skinner by Peter Wrobel, laminated blade by Poul Strande:

1024_3433346666326261.jpg

Where's PhilL?
:D

PhilL, is busy salivating. I'm just in overload at this point.

Everybody has seen all of my custom stag, but I wanted to bring something to this thread. My dream knife would be a Stag handled Pronghorn, but of course Ed Fowler doesn't do stag. Luckily Joe Szilaski had no problem putting stag on a Fowler blade....and then to top that he made a folder.... :eek:

Not my knives, but I can dream.

Attachments

• fav_stag.jpg
    fav_stag.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 56
My nomination for knobbiest piece of stag - this Dan Winkler piece (Knifeart photo):

orig.jpg

Some polished stag by Chuck Ochs:

orig.jpg

Harvey Dean - stag x2:

orig.jpg

Compact carry by (top to bottom) Bradshaw, Fitch and Dean:

orig.jpg

And I darn near forgot about this amber goodness by Jim Walker:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Roger

Here's another
FiskKnives001-1.jpg
[/IMG]

You know, I was wondering what was so effective on that Fisk, and I think a big part of it is the curve of the handle matching the curve of the blade. I don't know if they match perfectly, but they look like they could be reversed exactly.

Another knife that is etched on my brain, made the cover of Blade magazine. It was the first time I ever heard the expression Popcorn Stag.

From Kirk Rexroat ABS Mastersmith.

Attachments

• Damascus Bowie.JPG
    Damascus Bowie.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 67
This just may be my most favorite Blade Forums thread EVER! Great stuff people, keep them coming!:thumbup:

You know, I was wondering what was so effective on that Fisk, and I think a big part of it is the curve of the handle matching the curve of the blade. I don't know if they match perfectly, but they look like they could be reversed exactly.

Joss, all I know is, it's the most comfortable hunter to hold in your hand that I have ever handled.

Hmmm while not made by a "custom" maker, it did come from the Custom shoppe at Buck and I just got it, thanks to Joe Houser/Evil Eye Earl and the gang ;) and of course, it has sweet stag!

bg42.jpg

buck110.jpg

buck110_open.jpg

buck110a.jpg

and, it's all that and a bag O' chips :)
G2

To be honest I didn`t vote for any of them! :grumpy: :rolleyes: :D

There are so many gorgeous examples shown, it`d be unfair voting for ONE only, IMHO ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Back