• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

San Mai and Camel Bone

Bailey Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Between orders, I was able to make this one. It is the first one off my new press. It is a 1095 core with 8670 layers. I have always loved the look of a hamon, and decided to do san mai in order to replicate the look. I realized a while ago that hamons on a knife this size is mostly aesthetic, so I decided to get the look of the hamon with a fully hardened blade.

The handle is stabilized camel bone. It really shines up like glass and I am liking it more and more as handle material.

The sheath is 8-9oz hand stitched leather.

Dimensions
Blade - 5 " tip to handle
OAL - 9 3/4"

Price $295 shipped to US. I prefer paypal to matt(at)baileyknives.com, but will accept check or money order.

The first to post here "I'll take it!" gets it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,014
That is a great looking blade. The leather is almost a beautiful as the knife.:D
Great job

Jeez, it sold while I was waiting for the pictures to load! Bailey knives, sheesh. Gotta get faster internet! :)

Very nice combination Matt - terrific looking blade, handle and sheath - even though I have several of your knives - I would have jumped on this one but I'm a little too late - nice grab gga357!!!

nice grab there gga357..........................................

here i go off to another room where my wife and 3 dogs cant hear me mutter every expletive known to man plus a few not invented by sailors yet.

Very nice combination Matt - terrific looking blade, handle and sheath - even though I have several of your knives - I would have jumped on this one but I'm a little too late - nice grab gga357!!!

Thanks! I have been too late for several of his knives. I was lucky to be online at the right time.

Very nice Matt. Always the best of work on both the knife and sheath.I figure I have 1-2 months to go on my order.So- at least I am in line ( so to speak) . Well worth the wait IMO-Thanks

Matt,

Very nice and a cool way of recreating a hamon. You ever feel like making a chopper/camp knife with a 10" blade you drop me a line. :cool:

Good work, Jon

Wow Matt! (If I may call you Matt) I received the knife today and all I can say is wow. I don't have the words to describe how little justice the pictures do this knife & sheath. It is art, but the feel and heft of it makes you want to use it. All I can say is thank you. Consider me a future customer.

Greg

Greg
Yes, you can call me Matt.

I am glad you like it.

Thanks again

I love your knives. I will be sending an Email your way with a question.

Back