• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

San Mai Compound Ground Kwaiken [Price Drop]

Hi all, I have been busy lately with custom orders and some gifts for the holidays so I haven't been active much on the selling forums. I'm hoping to roll out some new knives soon, but in the meantime I will be posting some of my older inventory at reduced prices. Hopefully this'll be a chance for you all to get some great knives at even better prices! :)

These knives are both made from A203E cladding and 1095 core san mai with a pure nickel shim. The blades are hollow ground on a 10" wheel from the plunge line to the start of the kissaki, but then flat ground with slight convexity through the kissaki. This helps keep the blade light and sharp but still allows the tip enough meat for stabbing. There is a swedge that runs most of the length of the spine, it is unsharpened. The tang has a strong distal taper through the handle, and is etched to show the layers in the san mai. The handle itself is a nice cut of African Blackwood buffed to a high finish, and features three stainless pins and one mosaic. They come with a hand tooled black leather pouch sheath suitable for vertical carry.

Dimensions:
OAL: 9"
Blade Length: 4.75"
Blade Width: 7/8"
Blade Thickness: 1/4"

Blade #1: $SOLD

zooq8yc.jpg

5bGdDt1.jpg

Vv7t0M8.jpg

Note: I encountered a small knot in the wood during shaping of the handle of blade #1, I filled it with resin, but it is still visible, you can see it in the third picture near my fingers or in the video link below.

Blade #2: $SOLD

KFcNg9c.jpg

2t1Jzyn.jpg

spfym1F.jpg

JHgs8OR.jpg

Sheath Pictures:

mjpJGfw.jpg

flHsgOa.jpg

Here is a link to some video of the blades and sheaths on my instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCojI2ojIpc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The price includes free priority shipping in the US. If you live outside the US just let me know and I will look into shipping options that work for you. First to say "I'll take it!" gets it, make sure to specify which blade you'd like too! You can reach me through PM's or by my email YozakuraForge@gmail.com if you have any questions. Let me know what you think of these knives down in the comments! :)

Thanks for looking,
-Grant

Last edited:
Gooeytek, sorry but that one is indeed sold... I think it sold on my Instagram and I forgot to mark it sold here, my bad
If you are interested we could potentially talk about making one custom, I love making kwaiken! I'm a little booked rn so lead time would be about a month, but feel free to send me an email at yozakuraforge@gmail.com :)

Back