• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

San Mai & Maple

Alan Davis Knives

Knife Maker
Overall length-10"
Blade-5 1/4" long x 1 5/16" high
Scales-stabilized spalted maple with 2-3/16" mosaic pins, lanyard hole & black spacers
Steel-Larry Withrow San Mai billet with 1095 core
Sheath-handmade leather, righthand carry by maker
The tang is .150 and tapered to .100, the spine has a full distal taper with a 3" swedge and rope filework, the blade was deep acid etched to bring out the grain of the steel.
Sold!!!! . Thanks for looking, Alan

San Mai & Maple 086 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 088 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 061 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 092 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 075 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 071 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

San Mai & Maple 072 by alanknifemaker, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi David,

I do but I have found that the US post office will only insure international packages for $40.00 and they charge $12.00 for it, and UPS has charged Canadian customers a high brokerage fee (not sure about Australia), but will insure for full value. But I have had good succuss so far to other countries uninsured through the US Post Office. So yes I will ship international at cost, by your choice of carrier, but we would have to share responsibilty if uninsured. These are the only two carriers I have available in the town I live in.

Thanks
Alan

Whoa Alan! This may be your best yet (besides my little cutters...). Excellent looking knife bro.

Back